Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Massive Explosion Rocks Beirut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a really good video recording, and the story is starting to make sense. Fireworks stored next to a huge warehouse of ammonium nitrate went on fire, which set off the ammonium nitrate.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290675854767513600

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      This is a really good video recording, and the story is starting to make sense. Fireworks stored next to a huge warehouse of ammonium nitrate went on fire, which set off the ammonium nitrate.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290675854767513600
      That makes sense, because there was definitely a "fireworks" signature, along with multiple secondaries.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        That makes sense, because there was definitely a "fireworks" signature, along with multiple secondaries.
        Meanwhile Israel is bending over backwards to help them, and understandably there's some tension, so Israel is sending resources through third parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Meanwhile Israel is bending over backwards to help them, and understandably there's some tension, so Israel is sending resources through third parties.
          Yes, Israel actually put in a request to our Baptist Global Response office to render aid.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

According to "newsy" the Lebanese government is asking the French government for help investigating the possibility that this was intentional and the work of "outside forces." Specifically they are looking at reports that a missile was fired into the building setting everything off.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              According to "newsy" the Lebanese government is asking the French government for help investigating the possibility that this was intentional and the work of "outside forces." Specifically they are looking at reports that a missile was fired into the building setting everything off.
              The Lebanese government just resigned.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Interesting. I knew that they called for an early election -- a vote of confidence if you will.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  The ENTIRE government????
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

My PTSD marine was in Beirut in 1983. If a malevolent spirit deliberately designed an incident to trigger him, this would be the result. Life is not peaceful right now at the Strawberry Manse.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      My PTSD marine was in Beirut in 1983. If a malevolent spirit deliberately designed an incident to trigger him, this would be the result. Life is not peaceful right now at the Strawberry Manse.

Jesse.

It's good to "see" you! Have you been well?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Back atcha, P.

It's good to "see" you! Have you been well?
                        Lockdown has put just about the entire world on edge. Me, too, and not just because of the issues with the marine, but it hasn't been without its silver linings. Teaching remote has paradoxically given me an amazingly intimate view into my students' lives, from the cam cameos of little brothers and kitty cats to their work lives as I arrange tutoring hours around their schedules.

But that's come at the cost of an incredibly taxing workload as I've been researching and seminar-ing my way into mastering online teaching strategies. This is much harder than face to face instruction.

Ya know, my buddy Afia has renewed the offer from his brother to arrange a position at the U. of Dakar in Senegal. If I can do as much as I'm doing online, doing it in French can't be that hard, can it? I gotta admit I'm tempted.

I hope you and yours are staying safe until we can all go back to putting our lives back together.

Be well.

Comment

Back atcha, P.

Lockdown has put just about the entire world on edge. Me, too, and not just because of the issues with the marine, but it hasn't been without its silver linings. Teaching remote has paradoxically given me an amazingly intimate view into my students' lives, from the cam cameos of little brothers and kitty cats to their work lives as I arrange tutoring hours around their schedules.

But that's come at the cost of an incredibly taxing workload as I've been researching and seminar-ing my way into mastering online teaching strategies. This is much harder than face to face instruction.

Ya know, my buddy Afia has renewed the offer from his brother to arrange a position at the U. of Dakar in Senegal. If I can do as much as I'm doing online, doing it in French can't be that hard, can it? I gotta admit I'm tempted.

I hope you and yours are staying safe until we can all go back to putting our lives back together.

Be well.
                          That sounds like a really interesting opportunity for you. Hope it works out as it's supposed to.

We have indeed been well. Saw our daughter and s-i-l and our girl for the first time since Christmas last Sunday. What a joy that was! We missed her birthday in May, for the first time in her 11 years, and I held her (and our daughter) for a long time.

Not many cases in our small town, and we go about our business as carefully as we can. Remembering that we are in that senior range and taking care.

Be well, you, too.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:45 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I can imagine how such an incident could trigger it.

Nice to see you around jerk.

Comment