Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden will not travel to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden will not travel to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden will not travel to Milwaukee later this month to accept his nomination by the Democratic National Convention, according to reports from Wednesday morning.
    Biden's original intentions of traveling to the midwestern city "have been scrapped because of coronavirus concerns," Bloomberg reporter Tyler Pager tweeted on Wednesday.

In a statement to media on Wednesday, DNC organizers said that the "worsening coronavirus pandemic" had led convention officials to cancel the event's various speaking engagements "in order to prevent risking the health of our host community as well as the convention’s production teams, security officials, community partners, media and others necessary to orchestrate the event."
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Serious question here: If he wins does he plan on staying cooped up in his basement?

Snide comment: Will state dinners feature sitting on an old sofa eating hot pockets and pizza rolls?

Or will all of this come to a screeching halt, as New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman predicted, in November?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden will not travel to Milwaukee later this month to accept his nomination by the Democratic National Convention, according to reports from Wednesday morning.
      Biden's original intentions of traveling to the midwestern city "have been scrapped because of coronavirus concerns," Bloomberg reporter Tyler Pager tweeted on Wednesday.

In a statement to media on Wednesday, DNC organizers said that the "worsening coronavirus pandemic" had led convention officials to cancel the event's various speaking engagements "in order to prevent risking the health of our host community as well as the convention’s production teams, security officials, community partners, media and others necessary to orchestrate the event."
      I guess he's not so determined to be elected that he's willing to cause more people to die in order to make it happen.

How's that for a breath of fresh air?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
        I guess he's not so determined to be elected that he's willing to cause more people to die in order to make it happen.

How's that for a breath of fresh air?
        Meanwhile, back in reality, his handlers realize that Joe's best chance is to stay in tightly controlled settings in order to minimize the chances of Joe being Joe and reminding folks that he is at best addled.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pretty sure it is the democratic party who are so scared he might croak before the election that they won't let him leave his basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Pretty sure it is the democratic party who are so scared he might croak before the election that they won't let him leave his basement.
            More like he will forget to put on his pants before walking out on stage.

In all seriousness, do they really want to chance him forgetting what he is doing in the middle of the speech and wandering away in a befuddled state like he already has done when giving a video speech from his basement? I mean at least in his basement you can have folks gently herd him back and remind him without being seen, but at a convention this would take place in front of countless witnesses. And even if the MSM dutifully tries to keep the cameras in tight focus on the podium you know that at least one won't nor will all the recordings of it made via cell phones.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Meanwhile, back in reality, his handlers realize that Joe's best chance is to stay in tightly controlled settings in order to minimize the chances of Joe being Joe and reminding folks that he is at best addled.
              And Trump's poor handlers just can't get him to shut up. Them's the breaks.

Comment

I'm getting the feeling that his team will also demand the debates be virtual. I always wondered how they'd find a way around his mental health, and I think this is it. That way they can arrange a script around questions that the MSM will undoubtedly leak to him (just as Brazille did for Hillary). The pandemic is perfect cover for him.

Comment

I'm not even sure a carefully coordinated virtual debate will be enough to cover Biden's deficiencies. CNN recently released a clip where Biden was asked if he would be willing to take a cognitive test, and he stammered out an answer to the black host that essentially said, "Should you have to take a cocaine test to prove you're not a junkie? Come on, man!" and then bizarrely accused Trump of not being able to tell the difference between an elephant and a lion. He then started to tell a story but got confused and abruptly ended it with something to the effect of, "You know, I was going to say... but... no, I don't want to say it." He wrapped up the interview saying that nobody should question his mental fitness. Only it took him three attempts to say the word "fitness", and he only managed it on the third try by closing his eyes and concentrating on how to enunciate the word.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/ellieb...-test-n2573758
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-05-2020, 10:16 PM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Biden snapped at a black guy and asked him if he was a junkie and doing cocaine lol. I'm telling you, I'm just waiting for the N word to slip out of this dude's mouth now that he has hardly any filters, especially when he gets upset and irritable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I'm not even sure a carefully coordinated virtual debate will be enough to cover Biden's deficiencies. CNN recently released a clip where Biden was asked if he would be willing to take a cognitive test, and he stammered out an answer to the black host that essentially said, "Should you have to take a cocaine test to prove you're not a junkie? Come on, man!" and then bizarrely accused Trump of not being able to tell the difference between an elephant and a lion. He then started to tell a story but got confused and abruptly ended it with something to the effect of, "You know, I was going to say... but... no, I don't want to say it." He wrapped up the interview saying that nobody should question his mental fitness. Only it took him three attempts to say the word "fitness", and he only managed it on the third try by closing his eyes and concentrating on how to enunciate the word.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/ellieb...-test-n2573758
                      Aside from the fact that if Trump would have been virtually crucified as being racist for insinuating that blacks are all cocaine users, the fact is that if the host showed signs of abuse it is very likely that his employer would demand a drug test. So, using Biden's own criteria, as his potential employer, we have the right, given all the signs that he has displayed of impaired mental capabilities, that he ought to be subject to a cognitive test.

Comment

Aside from the fact that if Trump would have been virtually crucified as being racist for insinuating that blacks are all cocaine users, the fact is that if the host showed signs of abuse it is very likely that his employer would demand a drug test. So, using Biden's own criteria, as his potential employer, we have the right, given all the signs that he has displayed of impaired mental capabilities, that he ought to be subject to a cognitive test.
                        This was pretty funny to see right before I read your post.

Comment

Have you ever meant a racist person that tries really really hard not to be racist and they just end up saying racist stuff? That's exactly who Biden is. Over and over again he keeps saying things that are clearly racist under any criteria of what a racist is, much more so under the absurd criteria created by the left. And since his mental capabilities is fading, his ability to filter it is diminishing. I'm hoping during the debates, Trump baits him into that situation.

Comment

This, coupled with leading Democrats suggesting he not debate, indicates (to me) that his cognitive abilities are declining and unpredictable. They want to reduce his public appearances as much as possible until the election and possible inauguration. Then he can hand off the baton to his running mate.

Comment

Given that Trump needed to take one, I think it would be reasonable to ask Biden to take one too. They should change the five things to remember, though. Trump gave away the answer.

Comment