Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More evidence BLM narrative is false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Obviously, it needs tuned. And part of that would be progressive discipline, which police unions fight with a vengeance.
    How would that fine-tuning prevent what happened to Mayor Brown?

Meh... pilot training results in pilots who get paid more, and they are paid to get from Point A to Point B safely, with all kinds of help.
    Wait, are you saying that higher wages translate to quality of performance? I don't think you want to go there unless you advocate pay increases for foundational professions like K-12 teachers.

So, you ask what's wrong with the "default training", then recognize it's in need of correction. Tell me what I missed.
    No, I'm just not understanding how throwing more money at police departments prevents something like 7 officers being deployed to a routine traffic stop. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Disbanding, abolishing, and defunding the police doesn't mean what you think it means. Camden NJ, with one of the highest crime rates of any city in the country actually did disband the police but they rehired 100 hundred of those officers previously employed along with many newly trained recruits and rid the dept. of the corruption along with reforming the way in which policing is done. So it has nothing to do with doing away with law enforcement which is a ridiculous interpretation. The crime rate in Camden dropped by nearly half.
      Yes, it means different things to different people. There are at least some sensible liberals that aren't totally insane. However, BLM is calling for outright defunding, and instead directing the funds towards the community, which, according to the polls, is not what minorities want. The majority don't want less police. If you defund police, you get less police; elementary equation. And as rogue pointed out to you, there are mayors and city council democrats either mulling over cutting police budgets, outrightly abolishing the police, or have actually enacted some sort of policies towards this end, once again, something the majority of minorities don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, I know you've pointed that out, but you rogue, have no idea what you're talking about.
        And yet as my examples demonstrate (and I can provide more), I am correct and you are talking out of an orifice other than your mouth.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Yes, it means different things to different people. There are at least some sensible liberals that aren't totally insane. However, BLM is calling for outright defunding, and instead directing the funds towards the community, which, according to the polls, is not what minorities want. The majority don't want less police. If you defund police, you get less police; elementary equation. And as rogue pointed out to you, there are mayors and city council democrats either mulling over cutting police budgets, outrightly abolishing the police, or have actually enacted some sort of policies towards this end, once again, something the majority of minorities don't want.
          As demonstrated by the Gallup poll that found that over 80% of blacks want the police to spend as much or more time in their neighborhoods as they currently do. And this is corroborated by another poll by Vox and Civis Analytics which revealed that by a more than two to one margin, black Americans support the police and 60% of them want more police hired.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            As demonstrated by the Gallup poll that found that over 80% of blacks want the police to spend as much or more time in their neighborhoods as they currently do. And this is corroborated by another poll by Vox and Civis Analytics which revealed that by a more than two to one margin, black Americans support the police and 60% of them want more police hired.
            For context, here's a Pew Research poll on the state of racial equality in the U.S.

Comment

And yet as my examples demonstrate (and I can provide more), I am correct and you are talking out of an orifice other than your mouth.
              Why don’t you just say it if you’re thinking it and we all know what you meant? You’re a weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                That is not what I said liar. I related facts and the most likely reason why blacks are killed at a higher percentage. And I said nothing about poverty, that is not a policing matter.
                Homework for tonight: look up the definition of “insinuate.”

Here’s you asking why there’s anything wrong with the term “white nationalism.”

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...te+nationalism

Credit to Adrift for confronting you about it.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Wow, whag, could you be any more disingenuous? You even put that in quotes. Sheesh.

Comment

Where did I say white nationalist liar? And I did not insinuate that blacks are innately more violent. More lies, I justrelated facts that you did not like.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Where did I say white nationalist liar? And I did not insinuate that blacks are innately more violent. More lies, I justrelated facts that you did not like.
                      You're right. I owe you an apology for linking to the wrong thread. Since search isn't working and you know the other thread I'm talking about (the one where Adrift left in disgust), maybe you can link me to it. Let's settle this.

Comment

How would that fine-tuning prevent what happened to Mayor Brown?
                        Multicultural sensitivity training. My wife has to take it twice a year.

Wait, are you saying that higher wages translate to quality of performance?
                        Many times, yes. Go to McDonalds and order a meal, then go to Chick-Fil-A and order a meal.

I don't think you want to go there unless you advocate pay increases for foundational professions like K-12 teachers.
                        Performance based, yes! You really don't have a clue what my beliefs and values are.

No, I'm just not understanding how throwing more money at police departments prevents something like 7 officers being deployed to a routine traffic stop. What am I missing?
                        Was the police department involved a Union department?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In other words, his standard source of replies.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Was the police department involved a Union department?
                            I checked, and, yes, apparently so.
                            This makes it very difficult for administration to discipline or fire bad officers.
                            I don't know that happened in this situation, but I'm checking further.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Wow, whag, could you be any more disingenuous? You even put that in quotes. Sheesh.
                              I already owned up to posting the wrong link. Search doesn't work now, so I can't find the other thread where he asked what's wrong with the term "white nationalism."

Comment

I already owned up to posting the wrong link. Search doesn't work now, so I can't find the other thread where he asked what's wrong with the term "white nationalism."
                                Seer actually went out and had discussions with black protesters. What have you done to ease race relations other than talk smack on the internet about how racist everyone is?

Comment