Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More evidence BLM narrative is false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    I’ll let your very Christian insinuation that blacks are innately more violent than whites and that crime and poverty have no relationship speak for itself.
    That blacks commit more violent crime than any other race is a statistical fact. Why that is is irrelevant to the point they were making about violent police encounters.

Comment

I’ll let your very Christian insinuation that blacks are innately more violent than whites and that crime and poverty have no relationship speak for itself.
      That is not what I said liar. I related facts and the most likely reason why blacks are killed at a higher percentage. And I said nothing about poverty, that is not a policing matter.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        That blacks commit more violent crime than any other race is a statistical fact. Why that is is irrelevant to the point they were making about violent police encounters.
        You didn’t read my reply. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          So you are not only a troll but one who can't read Sean told you why in the post you are replying looks you need to go back to Grammar school or get some help in learning how to read.
          And you're an idiot who failed to read my explanation for why "examples" don't support the claim that reform requires more money, not less.

Look, if you want to trade unprovoked personal attacks, I'm game, but I assumed that - being an admin - you would try to behave more like an adult here. I'd prefer the latter.

Comment

You didn’t read my reply. Try again.
            I read your reply and it had nothing to do with the point being made. Blacks make up less of the population than whites, but commit more violent crimes than whites, hence the reason for the discrepancy in violent police encounters between them.

Comment

Statistically more violent does not mean innately more violent. Sheesh.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Statistically more violent does not mean innately more violent. Sheesh.
                Another Freudian slip by a leftist.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I read your reply and it had nothing to do with the point being made. Blacks make up less of the population than whites, but commit more violent crimes than whites, hence the reason for the discrepancy in violent police encounters between them.
                  Try again. It’s not that hard to read, is it?

Comment

Try again. It’s not that hard to read, is it?
                    I read it. Even went back to the initial reply where you tried to refute rogue's argument that whites were disproportionately shot more than blacks. You used per capita but disregarded violent crime statistics as an additional measure to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      And you're an idiot who failed to read my explanation for why "examples" don't support the claim that reform requires more money, not less.

Look, if you want to trade unprovoked personal attacks, I'm game, but I assumed that - being an admin - you would try to behave more like an adult here. I'd prefer the latter.
                      you did not rebut any of the examples SeanD gave in his post , you didn't even quote them in the post I replied to. If I had gone by your standard of how to reply to someones argument which appears to be only taking 1/5th or less from the beginning of the argument I would have quoted the first word of your question "Why" and replied to you Because. a troll post only deserves a troll response if any. And Trolls do not deserve any respect. Not going to play your game Bye Bye

Also your abuse of the report function has been noted this is your one free warning next time you abuse the report function it will be a real warning.

Comment

I don't see how you could possibly reform without spending money. And that was rogue's point as well.... spending more money. Getting rid of tactical weaponry? Er... I guess... maybe, you can use the revenue in sales for reform, if that's what you meant? I'm not a tactical law enforcement manager so I'd have no idea how that would affect their ability to handle situations that require that gear, so I assume it might have more of net negative. One thing is for sure, you ain't going to reform by CUTTING spending, that we know for sure, because then we'd be worse off than we are now, which is the point of the OP and the BLM mantra -- "defunding police."
                        You only have to look at New York for an example of where cutting spending made it worse 200% more violent crimes in the past month since the Mayor cut the police budget by billions of dollars.
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-07-2020, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Gee, who would have guessed? And don't try and say BLM advocates aren't pushing for this because they are. What's even more disturbing is you have mayors and city council folks actually pursing these ideas (and I believe in some cities they've actually cut police budgets).

Defund police is a complete and total sham. People of color don't want to defund the police. Logically it makes NO sense, and it isn't collectively what the people want. It's primarily an MSM, white liberal, and most likely upper class black narrative. So if it's not what the people want based on polling data, God only knows why they're pushing it. I can't explain it, maybe some of you can.

80% of black folks either want the same amount of police presence in their communities or want more. Percentage is almost the same for Hispanics.

source
                          Disbanding, abolishing, and defunding the police doesn't mean what you think it means. Camden NJ, with one of the highest crime rates of any city in the country actually did disband the police but they rehired 100 hundred of those officers previously employed along with many newly trained recruits and rid the dept. of the corruption along with reforming the way in which policing is done. So it has nothing to do with doing away with law enforcement which is a ridiculous interpretation. The crime rate in Camden dropped by nearly half.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Disbanding, abolishing, and defunding the police doesn't mean what you think it means. Camden NJ, with one of the highest crime rates of any city in the country actually did disband the police but they rehired 100 hundred of those officers previously employed along with many newly trained recruits and rid the dept. of the corruption along with reforming the way in which policing is done. So it has nothing to do with doing away with law enforcement which is a ridiculous interpretation. The crime rate in Camden dropped by nearly half.
                            As has been repeatedly pointed out to you what they did in Camden[1] is NOT what those who have called for defunding the police are demanding.

They want the police abolished. Scraped entirely.

That is exactly what they're trying to do in Minneapolis (until they realized that the city charter forces them to fund a police force so now they're busy trying to change the charter).

The same with Seattle which is also seeking to abolish the police and totally replace them with non-profit programs and "community-led activities." They are seeking to replace it with a university-style group of activists trained in "trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis."

As I said, this has been pointed out to you ad nauseam to the point that you cannot pretend ignorance but instead are being willfully deceitful and dishonest. IOW, little jimmy you are intentionally and deliberately lying.

1. They made arrangements with other police departments to provide protection while they rebuilt their own police department

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I read it. Even went back to the initial reply where you tried to refute rogue's argument that whites were disproportionately shot more than blacks. You used per capita but disregarded violent crime statistics as an additional measure to that.
                              Unbelievably, you're still ignoring the entirety of my reply. How many chances should I give you? Did you finish high school?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                As has been repeatedly pointed out to you what they did in Camden[1] is NOT what those who have called for defunding the police are demanding.

They want the police abolished. Scraped entirely.

That is exactly what they're trying to do in Minneapolis (until they realized that the city charter forces them to fund a police force so now they're busy trying to change the charter).

The same with Seattle which is also seeking to abolish the police and totally replace them with non-profit programs and "community-led activities." They are seeking to replace it with a university-style group of activists trained in "trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis."

As I said, this has been pointed out to you ad nauseam to the point that you cannot pretend ignorance but instead are being willfully deceitful and dishonest. IOW, little jimmy you are intentionally and deliberately lying.

1. They made arrangements with other police departments to provide protection while they rebuilt their own police department
                                Well, I know you've pointed that out, but you rogue, have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment