Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More evidence BLM narrative is false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Why does reform require more money, not less?
    So you are not only a troll but one who can't read Sean told you why in the post you are replying looks you need to go back to Grammar school or get some help in learning how to read.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-06-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Additional training is the rationale.
      How about just hire competent, emotionally stable officers who don’t escalate situations?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        How about just hire competent, emotionally stable officers who don’t escalate situations?
        Now THAT takes money. Where are you going to hire them from?

A) They're already working for a department, so you'll have to pay them more and equip them
        2) They're brand new, and you have to pay for Police Academy.

"more money"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Dude, I listed examples of reform in the post you omitted.
          ... and other kinds of reform require less money. Getting rid of tactical weaponry, for example.

Just because you list a few examples in your favor doesn't mean reform in general "requires MORE funding, not less"

ps. a nod to rogue who provided an excellent example for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            ... and other kinds of reform require less money. Getting rid of tactical weaponry, for example.

Just because you list a few examples in your favor doesn't mean reform in general "requires MORE funding, not less"

ps. a nod to rogue who provided an excellent example for you.
            I don't see how you could possibly reform without spending money. And that was rogue's point as well.... spending more money. Getting rid of tactical weaponry? Er... I guess... maybe, you can use the revenue in sales for reform, if that's what you meant? I'm not a tactical law enforcement manager so I'd have no idea how that would affect their ability to handle situations that require that gear, so I assume it might have more of net negative. One thing is for sure, you ain't going to reform by CUTTING spending, that we know for sure, because then we'd be worse off than we are now, which is the point of the OP and the BLM mantra -- "defunding police."

Comment

Or rather acknowledging white people have fewer worries about being pulled over and swarmed upon by 7 officers than blacks:

Meanwhile study after study has shown that in a confrontation with police a white person is significantly more likely to be shot and killed than a black person is. This is a fact and has been confirmed enough times that research has now turned to discovering why this is the case.

And none of this changes the fact that you have exposed yourself as a malicious racist.
              Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2020, 02:51 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which of course totally explains why red states have always been the standard bearers of police reform.
                Why would they be in the forefront when conservative-controlled areas are not the problem? It is where the left has held control for several decades. Why have they failed so miserably?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Which of course totally explains why red states have always been the standard bearers of police reform.
                  You have to admit, democratically run cities have the most problem with economic problems and crime (and the two go hand in hand), which causes more aggressive policing, which causes movements like BLM to gain prominence. Seems like a vicious feedback loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    They keep talking about hiring social workers to handle non-violent situations, but as any police officer will tell you, a non-violent situation can unexpectedly turn violent in the blink of an eye.
                    I've heard that. I've also heard that police hate domestic disturbance calls more than another because they don't know what they're walking into. The instinct might be to send in a social worker but if it turns violent in a hurry, you might end up with a dead social worker.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      I've heard that. I've also heard that police hate domestic disturbance calls more than another because they don't know what they're walking into. The instinct might be to send in a social worker but if it turns violent in a hurry, you might end up with a dead social worker.
                      The danger actually occurs when the husband (almost always) has to be handcuffed. Reality sets in for the wife (almost always) and she suddenly doesn't want her husband arrested, and the fun begins.

If it's a social worker with no arrest powers, it's probably not going to turn violent --- but, yeah - you don't know that til you get there.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Meanwhile study after study has shown that in a confrontation with police a white person is significantly more likely to be shot and killed than a black person is. This is a fact and has been confirmed enough times that research has now turned to discovering why this is the case.
                        I’m not surprised that you didn't preempt my reply by citing the difference in populations and socioeconomics. White people make up a greater share of the U.S. population (duh, that’s why they are the majority), so the studies you cite must take into account absolute numbers.

“According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...-black-people/

And don’t hand wave away Brown’s experience again but logically explain why 7 officers are needed for a traffic stop and Brown needed to exit her vehicle. Then explain how Executioners faction is tolerated. Take your time. I’ll wait.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And none of this changes the fact that you have exposed yourself as a malicious racist.
                        I like that you distinguish “racists” from “malicious racists.” Please show what distinguishes the two kinds, because last I checked, all racism is malicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Now THAT takes money. Where are you going to hire them from?

A) They're already working for a department, so you'll have to pay them more and equip them
                          2) They're brand new, and you have to pay for Police Academy.

"more money"
                          I understand, but what is wrong with the default training? Chris Rock makes an excellent point about airline pilot training being more stringent than police training. If aviation training was proportionally as defective as police training, there’d be a lot more plane crashes.

Comment

I understand, but what is wrong with the default training?
                            Obviously, it needs tuned. And part of that would be progressive discipline, which police unions fight with a vengeance.

Chris Rock makes an excellent point about airline pilot training being more stringent than police training.
                            Meh... pilot training results in pilots who get paid more, and they are paid to get from Point A to Point B safely, with all kinds of help.

If aviation training was proportionally as defective as police training, there’d be a lot more plane crashes.
                            So, you ask what's wrong with the "default training", then recognize it's in need of correction. Tell me what I missed.

Comment

“According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.”
                              That is because being 13% of the population blacks commit 50% of the murders and 48% of robberies. So the police are dealing with a more violent group - so we are likely to see more police shootings. As a matter of fact, if we track by the murder/robbery rate blacks should be 50% of police shootings.
                              Last edited by seer; 08-07-2020, 03:18 PM.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                That is because being 13% of the population blacks commit 50% of the murders and 48% of robberies. So the police are dealing with a more violent group - so we are likely to see more police shootings. As a matter of fact, if we track by the murder/robbery rate blacks should be 50% of police shootings.
                                I’ll let your very Christian insinuation that blacks are innately more violent than whites and that crime and poverty have no relationship speak for itself.

Comment