Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More evidence BLM narrative is false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Right, and also don't forget from the article:

"Most Black Americans want the police to spend at least as much time in their area as they currently do, indicating that they value the need for the service that police provide. However, that exposure comes with more trepidation for Black than White or Hispanic Americans about what they might experience in a police encounter. And those harboring the least confidence that they will be treated well, or who have had negative encounters in the past, are much more likely to want the police presence curtailed."

It's the black Americans that have kept this in the public discourse, not the white ones who groused about Kaepernick taking a knee. Without the protests and video of abuses (like the one I published), this issue wouldn't be an American priority. It's actually not a priority at all to the current administration, hence why Trump is viewed as racist.

Here's a good article on the subject (same source):

https://news.gallup.com/poll/315962/...r-changes.aspx

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47421[/ATTACH]
    I heard this expression once: "A liberal is a conservative whose been arrested and a conservative is a liberal whose been mugged."
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

From article:

"Although Black Americans seem about as comfortable as Americans overall with the amount of police presence where they live, they differ markedly in their perceptions of how their local police might treat them if they were to interact."

Which makes sense given that our local police forced a black driver out of his car for having a broken tail light and illegally tinted windows:

I mean, are the police totally clueless or what? Now there's protests outside of our police department.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        A name-dropping Edited by a Moderator lying about his police encounter doesn’t invalidate the two instances of legit abuse that I posted.
        Last edited by Cerebrum123; 08-06-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Which makes sense given that our local police forced a black driver out of his car for having a broken tail light and illegally tinted windows:

I mean, are the police totally clueless or what? Now there's protests outside of our police department.
          Wow, very first sound bite in the story, police officer calmly says, "If you don't get out of the car then I'm going to have to pull you out." The suspect belligerently says, "I don't have to get out of the car!" Um, yeah, you do. When an officer asks you do something, you do it. Getting mouthy and aggressive with a cop never ends well.

Other points worth noting: we don't see any of the events leading up to the suspect being asked to exit the vehicle, and the reporter apparently never attempted to contact the police department to get their side of the story. Finally, the suspect was pulled over for a legitimate reason (broken tail light; illegal window tint).

But you seem like you were easily duped by the proffered narrative, so the story hit its mark. Congratulations.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-06-2020, 11:45 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Wow, very first sound bite in the story, police officer calmly says, "If you don't get out of the car then I'm going to have to pull you out." The suspect belligerently says, "I don't have to get out of the car!" Um, yeah, you do. When an officer asks you do something, you do it. Getting mouthy and aggressive with a cop never ends well.

Other points worth noting: we don't see any of the events leading up to the suspect being asked to exit the vehicle, and the reporter apparently never attempted to contact the police department to get their side of the story. Finally, the suspect was pulled over for a legitimate reason (broken tail light; illegal window tint).

But you seem like you were easily duped by the proffered narrative, so the story hit its mark. Congratulations.
            Yeah, you'd be an utter fool today to trust an edited video, or video with no context.

Comment

Spoken like a privileged white guy. Being mouthy is no longer a reason for arrest given today's police track records. I can link to you white people who've been mouthy and sent on their way with a ticket. Would you like to see that?

That isn't police policy to have every driver that they pull over get out of the car. They must smell weed or see evidence of intoxication before humiliating them. Police can remove someone from their car if they think they have an arrest warrant or if they want to make an illegal search of the car or the driver. Once the driver is out they can then pat him down and search for their safety.

That what police cams are for. Unsurprisingly, Redlands police didn't publish footage of initial encounter.

Police cam footage of initial encounter suspiciously missing. I guess they need more money for video storage.

Comment

Spoken like a privileged white guy.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Spoken like a privileged white guy.
                  Judging people by the color of their skin. Leftist racists sure feel emboldened but as they say the interwebz never forgets. Their blatant racism will be around forever so that folks can see exactly what they are like.

Being mouthy is no longer a reason for arrest given today's police track records.
                  Disobeying a lawful order is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...Police can remove someone from their car if they think they have an arrest warrant or if they want to make an illegal search of the car or the driver. ...
                    say what?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Judging people by the color of their skin. Leftist racists sure feel emboldened but as they say the interwebz never forgets. Their blatant racism will be around forever so that folks can see exactly what they are like.
                      Or rather acknowledging white people have fewer worries about being pulled over and swarmed upon by 7 officers than blacks:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Disobeying a lawful order is.
                      "Lawful order" means something different to some black people, if you hadn't noticed:

Louisville's top cops refuse to answer questions on Breonna Taylor case

Comment

Or rather acknowledging white people have fewer worries about being pulled over and swarmed upon by 7 officers than blacks:

"Lawful order" means something different to some black people, if you hadn't noticed:

Louisville's top cops refuse to answer questions on Breonna Taylor case
                        The article indicates that those who wanted "less time" have had the most negative encounters with police or believe those encounters will be negative. If you believe blacks are being harassed by cops much more than whites, then the "less time" numbers should be higher. Both can't be true. Either black folks are getting harassed by police like you claim, thus have negative views about police, or they're not getting harassed like you say, thus they want more police in their community. So it confirms what i said earlier. It's the criminals that make up the minority who want less police because they're engaging in criminal activity and is why they've had negative encounters with police.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          The article indicates that those who wanted "less time" have had the most negative encounters with police or believe those encounters will be negative. If you believe blacks are being harassed by cops much more than whites, then the "less time" numbers should be higher. Both can't be true. Either black folks are getting harassed by police like you claim, thus have negative views about police, or they're not getting harassed like you say, thus they want more police in their community. So it confirms what i said earlier. It's the criminals that make up the minority who want less police because they're engaging in criminal activity and is why they've had negative encounters with police.
                          Not so fast. Respond point-by-point to #9 (which you hand-waved) or answer #11, and then I will reply to this.

Comment

Not so fast. Respond point-by-point to #9 (which you hand-waved) or answer #11, and then I will reply to this.
                            I rarely respond to fragmented posts because it's all discombobulated and hard to make out any sort any primary point from the post. You mentioned Trump's view about Kaepernick and droned on about bringing attention to black brutality, but I don't see how that was relevant to the OP and the poll that was taken, or how it contradicts BLM's (and other city official's) call to defund police. If you can succinctly wrap in up in a paragraph, it would help to see what point you're making. It's not hard to do. Just focus on the key point and build around that.

Comment

I rarely respond to fragmented posts because it's all discombobulated and hard to make out any sort any primary point from the post.
                              That's your problem, not mine. Point-by-point response is traditionally how discourse plays out, especially in a forum. What you did was a lazy hand wave.

You mentioned Trump's view about Kaepernick and droned on about bringing attention to black brutality, but I don't see how that was relevant to the OP and the poll that was taken, or how it contradicts BLM's (and other city official's) call to defund police.
                              Prior to Floyd-triggered unrest, calls for police reform were subtle but met with conservative invective. There's no pleasing the right who'd obviously rather not talk about police abuse at all. Unrest has forced you to address the problem by saying "throw more money at it." Too late for that now.

If you can succinctly wrap in up in a paragraph, it would help to see what point you're making. It's not hard to do. Just focus on the key point and build around that.
                              You cited an article showing black citizens are more sensible than liberal media portrays and want continued police presence. Fine. Yet you're worried a leaderless organization of liberal white women (if we're to believe you) will override black votes against police abolition. You can't have it both ways by saying blacks are savvy concerned citizens but are too dumb to see Biden's ruse.

What you SHOULD be acknowledging is that black population is largely wise to Biden's and Trump's manipulation of them and, like all Americans, are stuck between choosing fecal sandwich and vomit casserole.
                              Last edited by whag; 08-06-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

That's your problem, not mine. Point-by-point response is traditionally how discourse plays out, especially in a forum. What you did was a lazy hand wave.
                                Sean has always been pretty adamant about that - not breaking up posts, snipping, etc.... I usually find it annoying, HOWEVER, then I see these long broken up exchanges where you kinda get lost in the "he said / she said" because there's almost a response at every point.

I think it's best if somebody wants a particular point answered, that they just state that point in its own post.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment