Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NY attorney General moves to dissolve the NRA for Fraud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    And that is exactly the reason the Atty General is acting to dissolve the organization. The corrution is not just with Lapiere and the other 3 named in the suit, it's widespread, throughout the organization. So removing the 4 corrupt individuals named in the suit doesn't change the corrupt nature of the organization from the ground up and the only way to do that is to dissolve the organization completely.
    I'll have to do some reading on this subject.

Comment

Following Trump's business model, but unfortunately we cannot disolve Trump until January, I hope melt down begins in Novermber..
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-08-2020, 09:55 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

A question for the NRA supporters - I have no bones in this fight - If the allegations of widespread corruption is correct, what ought to be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          Sounds like you're not all that keen on law and order. An AG has discretion to launch investigations independent of whether you think they're justified or not.
          Uh no they don't. There has to be evidence a crime was committed. She is looking at everything and everyone in Trump's orbit. That is abuse of power

That's the Trump presidency. If you don't oppose his abuses of power, you can't oppose this one (with any credibility or moral authority).
          Whataboutism for thee, but not for me. Got it.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            A question for the NRA supporters - I have no bones in this fight - If the allegations of widespread corruption is correct, what ought to be done?
            Due process for each one should be followed. Any found guilty should be removed. That's it.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Investigate and prosecute individuals using due process and current law.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Like Trump university, which had to settle the suit for $25 million was dissolved, the NRA was corrupt from the top down robbing and covering up the fraud of over $64 million dollars of membership dollars.

Comment

If they misappropriated or misapplied funds, then it is us dues-payers who were wronged. Any justr remedy must include either returning our dues or applying them to some similar organization, such as GOA.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    If they misappropriated or misapplied funds, then it is us dues-payers who were wronged. Any justr remedy must include either returning our dues or applying them to some similar organization, such as GOA.
                    Yes, you dues payors were bilked out of a cool $64 mil. by the "non-profit" organization.

Comment

Yes, you dues payors were bilked out of a cool $64 mil. by the "non-profit" organization.
                      That's pocket change compared to what your union heroes pull in and waste.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's about what I imagine will and should happen. The NRA isn't fraudulent in. It is not a scam. Widespread corruption should be pursued relentlessly, and this may or may not kill the organization depending on how much litigation will happen, however dissolving the organization in itself doesn't seem right.

Comment

That's about what I imagine will and should happen. The NRA isn't fraudulent in. It is not a scam. Widespread corruption should be pursued relentlessly, and this may or may not kill the organization depending on how much litigation will happen, however dissolving the organization in itself doesn't seem right.
                          The NRA basically functions as a union, which has all kinds of opportunity for fiscal abuse. There should be MUCH more transparency and accountability so it does NOT look "like a union".

Comment

That's pocket change compared to what your union heroes pull in and waste.
                            That's quite possibly true, but whataboutism is a defense it's an excuse.

Comment

That's quite possibly true, but whataboutism is a defense it's an excuse.
                              Ah, Jimmy learned a new word*! It's not an excuse, it's an explanation. There needs to be fiscal accountability in such agencies across the board.

*you appear to become aware of a new buzzword, then use it inappropriately over and over.

Comment

Ah, Jimmy learned a new word*! It's not an excuse, it's an explanation. There needs to be fiscal accountability in such agencies across the board.

*you appear to become aware of a new buzzword, then use it inappropriately over and over.
                                No CP. The whataboutism defense is an excuse, pure and simple.

Comment