Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Papers, Please! Blasio setting up checkpoints...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papers, Please! Blasio setting up checkpoints...

De Blasio announces coronavirus quarantine checkpoints at ‘major entry points’ into NYC

Mayor de Blasio announced checkpoints for the bridge-and-tunnel crowd to comply with the state’s mandatory 14-day coronavirus quarantine rule for those arriving from COVID-19 hotspots.

“They (visitors) will be reminded that it is required not optional,” de Blasio said on Wednesday. “This is serious stuff. If we’re going to hold at this level, the quarantine is going to have to be enforced.”

The NYC Sheriff, deputies and other officials said they will deploy to Penn Station, airports, bridges, tunnels, and on major roadways to quiz travelers about their plans and register with authorities.

Currently, there are 34 states in the U.S. and Puerto Rico where COVID-19 rates are too high or rising according to state metrics, de Blasio said. The restriction of states is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive coronavirus tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

he city’s rate has been steady and declining at below 3% for two months now even as numbers have been rising across the Sun Belt and Midwest.

“The national outlook is not encouraging to say the least,” de Blasio said. “We need to do what we’ve been doing and do it consistently.”

About 20% of all new cases in New York City are from people who arrive from out of state, said Dr. Ted Long, who oversees the city’s contact tracing program.

Officials offered scant details about the checkpoints, including where and when they might operate and how widespread they will be.

The city sheriff said most of the traffic stops would be done on a randomized basis, perhaps stopping one in every six or eight cars. He said the stops would not target out of state drivers because the law also applies to New Yorkers who travel to one of the states on the list.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The guy is a royal A-1 anti-constitutional partisan scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      De Blasio announces coronavirus quarantine checkpoints at ‘major entry points’ into NYC

Mayor de Blasio announced checkpoints for the bridge-and-tunnel crowd to comply with the state’s mandatory 14-day coronavirus quarantine rule for those arriving from COVID-19 hotspots.

“They (visitors) will be reminded that it is required not optional,” de Blasio said on Wednesday. “This is serious stuff. If we’re going to hold at this level, the quarantine is going to have to be enforced.”

The NYC Sheriff, deputies and other officials said they will deploy to Penn Station, airports, bridges, tunnels, and on major roadways to quiz travelers about their plans and register with authorities.

Currently, there are 34 states in the U.S. and Puerto Rico where COVID-19 rates are too high or rising according to state metrics, de Blasio said. The restriction of states is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive coronavirus tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

he city’s rate has been steady and declining at below 3% for two months now even as numbers have been rising across the Sun Belt and Midwest.

“The national outlook is not encouraging to say the least,” de Blasio said. “We need to do what we’ve been doing and do it consistently.”

About 20% of all new cases in New York City are from people who arrive from out of state, said Dr. Ted Long, who oversees the city’s contact tracing program.

Officials offered scant details about the checkpoints, including where and when they might operate and how widespread they will be.

The city sheriff said most of the traffic stops would be done on a randomized basis, perhaps stopping one in every six or eight cars. He said the stops would not target out of state drivers because the law also applies to New Yorkers who travel to one of the states on the list.

nazi-de-blasio-sIoTR0.jpeg
      Your papers please

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]47450[/ATTACH]
        Your papers please
        I wonder why it's ok for you to invoke Nazi images, but you mock those that raise them wrt Trump?
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I wonder why it's ok for you to invoke Nazi images, but you mock those that raise them wrt Trump?
          Well obviously because Reductio ad Hitlerum is only a fallacy when liberals use it. DUH.

Comment

I don't recall doing so except maybe to object to it being the knee jerk response.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't recall doing so except maybe to object to it being the knee jerk response.
              Since Hitler killed 12 million people, it's always a knee-jerk response. That's why it's officially a fallacy.

Comment

hmm - I refer both to you, and to the lack of you being excoriated by the peanut gallery for doing so

I will say that there is far less evidence the De Blasio is inclined towards authoritarianism than our 'glorious leader'. So there is that. Restricting intake from contaminated areas has multiple precedents in our history, it is in fact a necessary part of dealing with a pandemic.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

hmm - I refer both to you, and to the lack of you being excoriated by the peanut gallery for doing so.....
                  Ah, yet another ---- "nobody's pitching an unbalanced walleyed fit like I am, so they're guilty".

And you're such a hypocrite - you blast others for "demeaning" people, yet, here you are doing it yourself.

We should "excoriate" people, and if we don't, we're..... sheeeeeesh, are you nuts.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

hmm - I refer both to you, and to the lack of you being excoriated by the peanut gallery for doing so

I will say that there is far less evidence the De Blasio is inclined towards authoritarianism than our 'glorious leader'. So there is that. Restricting intake from contaminated areas has multiple precedents in our history, it is in fact a necessary part of dealing with a pandemic.
                    It's also exactly what Trump did in restricting flights from China.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                      Since Hitler killed 12 million people, it's always a knee-jerk response. That's why it's officially a fallacy.
                      At the same time, the holocaust motto is 'never forget'. So there is a bit of a conflict between 'never forgetting' and 'never raising red flags' when actions parallel those of Hitler's rise to power in our own or other governments. I think the far more critical point is to not allow that which can lead to a Hitler to be ignored or suppressed. It is not that those actions WILL produce another Nazi Germany, it is that we can not allow even the slightest drift in that direction. We can't allow the 'foot in the door' as it were. And to keep that from happening, we must make the correlation, which means bringing it up, and warning against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Checkpoints are racist. Next he'll be building a wall.

Comment

The democrats keep calling the republicans "Nazis" but as soon as they have have an excuse, they go completely overboard with authoritarianism. Shutting down churches, locking people in houses, shutting down businesses, while allowing riots and arson in the streets.

Wake up America! The real Nazis are the Democrats!

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                            It's also exactly what Trump did in restricting flights from China.
                            For which he is not criticized for not doing so sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Checkpoints are racist. Next he'll be building a wall.
                              Wait -- Democrats are FOR borders now?

Comment