Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riot declared, 8 arrested, tear gas used outside Portland police's East Precinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Wait so they just NOW declared a riot? What the heck do they call the 70 other days of mayhem and destruction? Oh yeah, "peaceful demonstrations" right.
    They have 'declared a riot' on numerous occasions, but the pro-anarchy crowd was blaming it on the presence of the federal officers. Can't blame them anymore.

And the significance of "declaring a riot" is that they are then within their right to announce and use tear gas. Or, as the pro-anarchy folks would say "gas the peaceful protesters" who are trying to burn down the police station.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      But you're about to justify it, no?
      Why do you say I’m about to justify it?

So, why not demand better? PEACEFUL protests, legal action, demands for change in the departments. What good does violence accomplish where it requires more of the police action you're supposedly against?
      Should I write my congressman? Travel to Portland and counterprotest with old guys bearing ALL LIVES MATTER placards?

Unless you're claiming that God has ordered the rioting, that's a whole different discussion. Feel free to start a thread.
      Maybe I will! =P

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        Why do you say I’m about to justify it?
        OK, maybe not justify it, but excuse it.

Should I write my congressman? Travel to Portland and counterprotest with old guys bearing ALL LIVES MATTER placards?
        Can't think of anything between that and looting, rioting, and arson?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And now the mayor, Ted Wheeler, who has coddling them and even tried to join with them in late July, is now harshly condemning them for "attempting to commit murder" by blocking exits and starting a fire at the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building.

During an online press conference yesterday Wheeler said:

"When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

Trying to burn people alive by setting the building they are in and blocking the exits so they cannot escape seems to be a tactic being employed by antifa and their sympathizers in Portland.

They propped several wooden beams and sandbags against a door to the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse and then tried to set it on fire while it was occupied. Likewise they used wooden boards to block the main entrance of the Hatfield Federal Courthouse with officers inside and then launched commercial grade fireworks and a couple of Molotov cocktails (firebombs) at the building.

I have to wonder what was different in the incident earlier this week compared to earlier occurrences

(and yes, I know me older little twin brudder from anudder mudder started a thread about this)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And now the mayor, Ted Wheeler, who has coddling them and even tried to join with them in late July, is now harshly condemning them for "attempting to commit murder" by blocking exits and starting a fire at the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building.

During an online press conference yesterday Wheeler said:

"When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder."

Trying to burn people alive by setting the building they are in and blocking the exits so they cannot escape seems to be a tactic being employed by antifa and their sympathizers in Portland.

They propped several wooden beams and sandbags against a door to the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse and then tried to set it on fire while it was occupied. Likewise they used wooden boards to block the main entrance of the Hatfield Federal Courthouse with officers inside and then launched commercial grade fireworks and a couple of Molotov cocktails (firebombs) at the building.

I have to wonder what was different in the incident earlier this week compared to earlier occurrences

(and yes, I know me older little twin brudder from anudder mudder started a thread about this)
            This is the crap our precious Tweb OMB sycophants were defending, blaming it all on Trump and "stormtroopers". Will any of them have the guts to admit they were wrong?

Comment

God help us if these scum bags get any real political power.

Rioters splash paint on elderly woman, get in her face when she stands up to their police precinct attack: 'This isn't your world anymore!'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portla...-elderly-woman
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                God help us if these scum bags get any real political power.

Rioters splash paint on elderly woman, get in her face when she stands up to their police precinct attack: 'This isn't your world anymore!'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portla...-elderly-woman
                If they manage to take control, JimL can be their village idiot.

Comment

I blame all of the Hollywood post-apocalyptic movies and tv shows (Mad Max, the Purge, Walking Dead, etc). The liberals think they are a "how-to" guide.

Comment