Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riot declared, 8 arrested, tear gas used outside Portland police's East Precinct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riot declared, 8 arrested, tear gas used outside Portland police's East Precinct

Riot declared, 8 arrested, tear gas used outside Portland police's East Precinct

For those Twebbers who were duped into believing that the federal officers were the reason for the violence in Portland, try again.

So, the riots continue, and even the local police "gassed people" (to use an ignorant term used to disparage the federal officers)....

It's still going on, and you can't blame the feds.

WHEN will the libs wake up and realize this is a bunch of anarchists rioting because that's who they are?

Even the black police say this does NOTHING for Black Lives Matter --- and note, the Police cited "life safety issues" created by "the group".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

You'd thought that how the mayor was received by the peaceful protesters would have clued them into what to expect.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You'd thought that how the mayor was received by the peaceful protesters would have clued them into what to expect.
      The police are feeling increasingly betrayed, and some of them are calling for a community revolt.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Portland Police Chief: Ongoing riots straining dept. resources

Comment

For context, here are some articles on the history of Portland police corruption:

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/20...t-doesnt-work/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...story-1027677/

The Feds discussion is a red herring when the matter here as in other regions of social unrest is rooted in systemic racism and general police abuses:

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
            For context, here are some articles on the history of Portland police corruption:
            Cool, you think that justifies 70 nights of protests, riots, attempts to burn down the federal building, the police association building, police precincts....?

The other defenders of this anarchy seemed to blame it on the "stormtroopers" (the federal officers).

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The police are feeling increasingly betrayed, and some of them are calling for a community revolt.
              Meanwhile, FWIU, the Minneapolis City Council voted 10-to-5 in favor of delaying defunding of the police for 90 days as they try to amend the city charter to allow defunding since the charter requires them to fund the police.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Meanwhile, FWIU, the Minneapolis City Council voted 10-to-5 in favor of delaying defunding of the police for 90 days as they try to amend the city charter to allow defunding since the charter requires them to fund the police.
                You mean, so they can try to squeak by this election cycle?

Comment

Cool, you think that justifies 70 nights of protests, riots, attempts to burn down the federal building, the police association building, police precincts....?
                  No, but correct me if I'm wrong, I think that your ideology specifically says that sins reap consequences--whether the sin is individual or cultural/generational. The OT speaks about it a lot. For some reason, you refuse to believe that natural law applies here simply because riots in your country have you spooked. I'm spooked, too.

The other defenders of this anarchy seemed to blame it on the "stormtroopers" (the federal officers).
                  And they'd be wrong. It's clearly traceable to a historically nasty police department.

Comment

No, but correct me if I'm wrong, I think that your ideology specifically says that sins reap consequences--whether the sin is individual or cultural/generational.
                    OK so far....

The OT speaks about it a lot. For some reason, you refuse to believe that natural law applies here simply because riots in your country have you spooked. I'm spooked, too.
                    Didn't take you long to derail that train of thought!

A) I'm not 'spooked' by the riots - they are nowhere near me.
                    2) They simply display the wicked heart of man
                    C) It blows the "peaceful protester" narrative out of the water.

And they'd be wrong. It's clearly traceable to a historically nasty police department.
                    Still sounds like your justifying the anarcy, Whag. Why is it so nearly impossible to get a liberal to declare that burning down buildings, throwing rocks at police, looting and rioting --- BAD.

Why is that so hard?

Comment

....The OT speaks about it a lot. For some reason, you refuse to believe that natural law applies here simply because riots in your country have you spooked. I'm spooked, too.
                      I think this deserves a little more attention.

A) You'd be wrong to assume that I "refuse to believe" that the natural law applies...
                      2) The REASON we are taught about that is so that confession and repentance can occur...
                      C) It is NEVER used to justify ongoing rebellion, sin, chaos, mayhem...

And, remember - Jesus kinda took that "eye for an eye" thing in one of his numerous "you have heard it said" statements, and changed it to "but I say".... love your enemy as yourself, do not return evil for evil, etc.

Comment

For those Twebbers who were duped into believing that the federal officers were the reason for the violence in Portland, try again.
                        No kidding....
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

OK so far....

Didn't take you long to derail that train of thought!

A) I'm not 'spooked' by the riots - they are nowhere near me.
                          2) They simply display the wicked heart of man
                          C) It blows the "peaceful protester" narrative out of the water.

Still sounds like your justifying the anarcy, Whag. Why is it so nearly impossible to get a liberal to declare that burning down buildings, throwing rocks at police, looting and rioting --- BAD.

Why is that so hard?
                          It's bad! It's bad it's bad it's bad it's BAD. Sincerely. But I understand the effect of hopelessness. Like I said before, this is more about the cumulative effect of national and international sins. I figured we agreed on that.

Is it bad to wipe out Midianite and Amalekite women and children or is it justified?

Comment

It's bad! It's bad it's bad it's bad it's BAD. Sincerely.
                            But you're about to justify it, no?

But I understand the effect of hopelessness. Like I said before, this is more about the cumulative effect of national and international sins. I figured we agreed on that.
                            So, why not demand better? PEACEFUL protests, legal action, demands for change in the departments. What good does violence accomplish where it requires more of the police action you're supposedly against?

Is it bad to wipe out Midianite and Amalekite women and children or is it justified?
                            Unless you're claiming that God has ordered the rioting, that's a whole different discussion. Feel free to start a thread.

Comment

Wait so they just NOW declared a riot? What the heck do they call the 70 other days of mayhem and destruction? Oh yeah, "peaceful demonstrations" right.

Comment