Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says blacks all think alike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden says blacks all think alike

Coming on the heels of his self-anointing himself the arbitrator of who is and who isn't legitimately black[1], Biden has now proclaimed that the Hispanic community is diverse in their thought "unlike the black community."

Biden made this claim to a panel at the National Association of Black Journalists-National Association of Hispanic Journalists 2020 virtual convention in response to a question from a Hispanic female reporter, NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro, about his view toward normalizing relations with Cuba.

Here is the quote:

Yes. And, by the way, what you all know but most people don’t know, unlike the African-American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.

Biden is revealing that, like many Democrats[2], he looks at the black community as a non-diverse, monolithic block who all think alike rather than as a collection of individual human beings made in the image of their maker. To Biden blacks are all the same -- with a few exceptions. He reveals that in his increasingly addled mind that there isn’t any diversity of thought among them. They’re all the same, like-minded simpletons incapable of individual thought. Hence his belief that you can approach the black community in only one way.

This is the sort of thinking that has produced the belief common among so many white leftists that sees blacks as little more than victims incapable of helping themselves and incapable of doing things on their own. They need smart white liberals to do that for them.

Obviously having such low expectations, believing that a group just doesn't possess what it takes to do anything without them shepherding them, is an insidious form of racism. It even has a name since it has been so pervasive for so many years among those on the left: the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Later Biden tried to explain away his racist remarks as referring to the geographical diversity of Hispanics which produces such diversity of thought. He pushed this line of thought at the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials conference where yesterday he explained

"We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation. The full diversity of Latino communities. And when I mean full diversity, unlike the African American community and many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe, from the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico and in the Caribbean. And different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but all Latinos, we're gonna get a chance to do that if we win in November."

This revealed that at best ignorant Joe is still abysmally ignorant.

He seems to think that Africa shares one culture. That, again, they're all the same.

Newsflash Joe. Africa is an entire continent larger than the United States, China and Brazil combined. The cultures that you find there are vastly different. People from Ghana don't, for instance, share the same culture as those from Kenya, or Botswana. Moreover, some blacks who have come to the U.S. have also come by way of the Caribbean, Europe etc. I work with one woman with the distinctive accent of someone from northern England (she was born and raised in York).

But for ol' Joe they are all the same with no diversity.

Fascinatingly, these remarks along with Biden accusing CBS reporter Errol Barnett, of being a coke head and wondering if he was drug tested for having the temerity of asking him if he has taken a cognitive test, caused the former chairman of the D.C. Democratic State Committee, Scott Bolden, to say that, while he "cringed" when he heard those statements, Biden has nothing to worry about because the black vote for Biden is already "baked in."

Yup. To Democrats blacks are nothing but a monolithic block incapable (with a few exceptions) of individual thought. picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

1. "Well, I'll tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

2. Look at how they talk when addressing blacks in a church setting. They appropriate the cadence, accent and words of a stereotypical black Southern Baptist preacher even when talking to audiences in such diverse places as Boston and Detroit. That's because, to them, they're all alike. No difference. You simply can't tell them apart.
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2020, 05:13 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I should note that this thread is for a discussion of Biden's remarks and not an opportunity for the TDS crowd to turn yet another thread into an OMB one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't suppose there's a video or longer transcript of what was said. One quote is hard to judge on.

Taking the one sentence quote at face value, it sure seems that Biden thinks he doesn't need the Black vote to win.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        I don't suppose there's a video or longer transcript of what was said. One quote is hard to judge on.

Taking the one sentence quote at face value, it sure seems that Biden thinks he doesn't need the Black vote to win.
        I got the quote from ABC which I seriously doubt would have clipped off any extenuating or mitigating additional remarks in order to make him look bad since that would help Trump. Here is the quote from them in full:

And by the way, what you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things. You go to Florida you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you're in Arizona. So it's a very different, a very diverse community.

Other sources I Googled had the "Yes" in front of it which I did include.

So the only thing I omitted was Biden giving an example of what he meant which obviously does not soften or change the context of the remark.

ETA: It looks like the reporter tried to drag ol' Joe back on topic about relations with China (which he thoroughly mangled) so that appears to be the extent of it
        Last edited by rogue06; 08-07-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

nwrt

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Biden has now proclaimed that the Hispanic community is diverse in their thought "unlike the black community."
            I actually agree with that. As far as a voting block, black voters vote for black candidates - regardless of their specific policy stances. In 2008, 95% of blacks voted for Obama (93% in 2012) according to Pew. And I've seen this in primaries as well, when there are multiple candidates from the same party competing.

black vote.jpg

Granted, I haven't seen as many Hispanic candidates running to compare with. I do know that Hispanics are more spread out among Democratic and Republican parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
              nwrt
              And yet you chose to do precisely that

Comment

I should note that this thread is for a discussion of Biden's remarks and not an opportunity for the TDS crowd to turn yet another thread into an OMB one.
                Wow, that’s bold of you, bro.

Two rich white guys have put blacks in the position of choosing between an uncorked racist who doesn’t waste an opportunity to condescend to black people about being their savior and a racist who criminally takes their considerable support for granted with insulting public statements. Recipe for a perfect storm.

Comment

My prediction is that this will hurt him more among white voters than black voters.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    My prediction is that this will hurt him more among white voters than black voters.
                    I disagree 100%. White voters are so consumed with TDS and want Trump removed and believe Biden is their guy, nothing will Biden does or says will faze them. Tara Reade and their dismissal of it (including women who ADMITTED they believed the story but were still supporting Biden anyway) was the exemplification of that. However, I have no doubt this is eating away at black folks little by little as he keeps making these racist remarks over and over. Whether it actually affects election results is debatable. Biden already had an enthusiasm problem, so this may just lead to more "just not going to vote for anyone."

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I disagree 100%. White voters are so consumed with TDS and want Trump removed and believe Biden is their guy, nothing will Biden does or says will faze them. Tara Reade and their dismissal of it (including women who ADMITTED they believed the story but were still supporting Biden anyway) was the exemplification of that. However, I have no doubt this is eating away at black folks little by little as he keeps making these racist remarks over and over. Whether it actually affects election results is debatable. Biden already had an enthusiasm problem, so this may just lead to more "just not going to vote for anyone."
                      That sort of plays into what I have in mind. It seems that white people are more enthusiastic about "woke" concerns. When he made his previous comments on that podcast, virtually all of the freakout I saw was from white people.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I got the quote from ABC which I seriously doubt would have clipped off any extenuating or mitigating additional remarks in order to make him look bad since that would help Trump. Here is the quote from them in full:

And by the way, what you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things. You go to Florida you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you're in Arizona. So it's a very different, a very diverse community.

Other sources I Googled had the "Yes" in front of it which I did include.

So the only thing I omitted was Biden giving an example of what he meant which obviously does not soften or change the context of the remark.

ETA: It looks like the reporter tried to drag ol' Joe back on topic about relations with China (which he thoroughly mangled) so that appears to be the extent of it
                        Biden, like Trump, is not always the most articulate, but what he meant by that isn't what you like to pretend to think he meant.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          That sort of plays into what I have in mind. It seems that white people are more enthusiastic about "woke" concerns. When he made his previous comments on that podcast, virtually all of the freakout I saw was from white people.
                          Liberal whites typically make the biggest public stink about it because they're phony virtue signalers. I was mainly referring to how it actually affects a person deep down, which might have some effect on how they vote. I find it funny personally because I find the political paradox of the left so absurd, but deep down I can see where it would personally offend a person of color, particularly the way he condescends black folks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Biden, like Trump, is not always the most articulate, but what he meant by that isn't what you like to pretend to think he meant.
                            Perhaps, being so articulate and grammatically correct yourself, you could volunteer to coach Sleepy Joe to be more ... um.... articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy!

Seriously, when Joe tries to answer a question impromptu, he rattles on a sentence (if you can call it that) into which he'll mix China, jobs, African-Americans, Covid, Trump, economy...... none of which makes sense in the babble he spews forth.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-07-2020, 11:17 AM.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

George Yancey on Facebook:

Yesterday Biden engaged in a stupid racial stereotype and I made fun of him for doing that. I got some pushback for that. The pushback I got did not differ in quality from the pushback I get when I point out the racebaiting of Trump to conservatives. This is one of the reasons why I do not think electing progressives will adequately end racial problems. Ratehr than privileging voices of color, I find that they, like conservatives, simply like the POC who agree with them and oppose the POC who do not.
                              It's very cringeworthy when people try to tell a black man like Yancey that no, that statement isn't *really* racist.

Comment