Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says blacks all think alike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Biden, like Trump, is not always the most articulate, but what he meant by that isn't what you like to pretend to think he meant.
    He actually reiterated it to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials but sought to mitigate it by saying it was due from Hispanics being from different places. As if all blacks come from the same hometown or something.

As I noted in the OP:

Newsflash Joe. Africa is an entire continent larger than the United States, China and Brazil combined. The cultures that you find there are vastly different. People from Ghana don't, for instance, share the same culture as those from Kenya, or Botswana. Moreover, some blacks who have come to the U.S. have also come by way of the Caribbean, Europe etc. I work with one woman with the distinctive accent of someone from northern England (she was born and raised in York).

But for ol' Joe they are all the same with no diversity.

So it is not about failing to articulate what he meant but rather saying exactly what he meant. Not once but twice at two separate events.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Perhaps, being so articulate and grammatically correct yourself, you could volunteer to coach Sleepy Joe to be more ... um.... articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy!

Seriously, when Joe tries to answer a question impromptu, he rattles on a sentence (if you can call it that) into which he'll mix China, jobs, African-Americans, Covid, Trump, economy...... none of which makes sense in the babble he spews forth.
      You must be confusing him with the very stable genius who claiming to know all the best words doesn't even know how to pronounce them. Yosem-ite!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        You must be confusing him with the very stable genius who claiming to know all the best words doesn't even know how to pronounce them. Yosem-ite!
        JimmyPooHoneyPot.... you're not the brightest bulb in the socket, so you're really not the one to make this assessment.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          JimmyPooHoneyPot.... you're not the brightest bulb in the socket, so you're really not the one to make this assessment.
          He's brighter than you are, sugar-britches.

More honest, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            He's brighter than you are, sugar-britches.

More honest, too.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Coming on the heels of his self-anointing himself the arbitrator of who is and who isn't legitimately black[1], Biden has now proclaimed that the Hispanic community is diverse in their thought "unlike the black community."

Biden made this claim to a panel at the National Association of Black Journalists-National Association of Hispanic Journalists 2020 virtual convention in response to a question from a Hispanic female reporter, NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro, about his view toward normalizing relations with Cuba.

Here is the quote:

Yes. And, by the way, what you all know but most people don’t know, unlike the African-American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.

Biden is revealing that, like many Democrats[2], he looks at the black community as a non-diverse, monolithic block who all think alike rather than as a collection of individual human beings made in the image of their maker. To Biden blacks are all the same -- with a few exceptions. He reveals that in his increasingly addled mind that there isn’t any diversity of thought among them. They’re all the same, like-minded simpletons incapable of individual thought. Hence his belief that you can approach the black community in only one way.

This is the sort of thinking that has produced the belief common among so many white leftists that sees blacks as little more than victims incapable of helping themselves and incapable of doing things on their own. They need smart white liberals to do that for them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47469[/ATTACH]

Obviously having such low expectations, believing that a group just doesn't possess what it takes to do anything without them shepherding them, is an insidious form of racism. It even has a name since it has been so pervasive for so many years among those on the left: the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Later Biden tried to explain away his racist remarks as referring to the geographical diversity of Hispanics which produces such diversity of thought. He pushed this line of thought at the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials conference where yesterday he explained

"We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation. The full diversity of Latino communities. And when I mean full diversity, unlike the African American community and many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe, from the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico and in the Caribbean. And different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but all Latinos, we're gonna get a chance to do that if we win in November."

This revealed that at best ignorant Joe is still abysmally ignorant.

He seems to think that Africa shares one culture. That, again, they're all the same.

Newsflash Joe. Africa is an entire continent larger than the United States, China and Brazil combined. The cultures that you find there are vastly different. People from Ghana don't, for instance, share the same culture as those from Kenya, or Botswana. Moreover, some blacks who have come to the U.S. have also come by way of the Caribbean, Europe etc. I work with one woman with the distinctive accent of someone from northern England (she was born and raised in York).

But for ol' Joe they are all the same with no diversity.

Fascinatingly, these remarks along with Biden accusing CBS reporter Errol Barnett, of being a coke head and wondering if he was drug tested for having the temerity of asking him if he has taken a cognitive test, caused the former chairman of the D.C. Democratic State Committee, Scott Bolden, to say that, while he "cringed" when he heard those statements, Biden has nothing to worry about because the black vote for Biden is already "baked in."

Yup. To Democrats blacks are nothing but a monolithic block incapable (with a few exceptions) of individual thought. [ATTACH=CONFIG]47470[/ATTACH]

1. "Well, I'll tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

2. Look at how they talk when addressing blacks in a church setting. They appropriate the cadence, accent and words of a stereotypical black Southern Baptist preacher even when talking to audiences in such diverse places as Boston and Detroit. That's because, to them, they're all alike. No difference. You simply can't tell them apart.
              If Trump said anything like this, there would be mushroom clouds flying into the stratosphere off of liberal heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                If Trump said anything like this, there would be mushroom clouds flying into the stratosphere off of liberal heads.
                As my father would have said, they'd be spinning on their eyebrows spitting out wooden nickels -- except he would have used a word that rhymes with "spitting"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Biden Tells Staffers To Pick Any Black Person For VP 'Since They All Think The Same Anyway'

According to sources within the Joe Biden campaign, staffers have been instructed to pick "any black person" for vice president, "since they all think the same anyway."

He made the comment while in a strategy meeting with aides in his basement.

"Just nab any old black person -- they're all pretty much interchangeable," Biden reportedly told his aides. "That Stacey chick, the Kamala cop lady, heck, get Denzel Washington for all I care. Any of them are fine. And poor VP candidates are almost as bright as white ones."

"I had a black friend once, you know. Barry. Really great guy. Very clean and articulate."

Aides were then able to distract him by giving him a paddleball to play with while they went upstairs to try to do some damage control from whatever the latest racist or sexist thing he said was.

At publishing time, aides said they felt sorry for Biden, since he was under the mistaken impression that he gets to pick the VP candidate himself.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

safe_image.jpg

Comment

I got the quote from ABC which I seriously doubt would have clipped off any extenuating or mitigating additional remarks in order to make him look bad since that would help Trump. Here is the quote from them in full:

And by the way, what you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things. You go to Florida you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you're in Arizona. So it's a very different, a very diverse community.

Other sources I Googled had the "Yes" in front of it which I did include.

So the only thing I omitted was Biden giving an example of what he meant which obviously does not soften or change the context of the remark.

ETA: It looks like the reporter tried to drag ol' Joe back on topic about relations with China (which he thoroughly mangled) so that appears to be the extent of it
                      Found a transcript:

8/4/2020

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO: (NPR) Are you going to re engage with Cuba, though? I mean, I’m specifically wondering about you know, the Florida communities —

JOE BIDEN: Yes.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: that are, you know, incredibly interested —

BIDEN: Yes.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: in the Cuba issue and see ah, status given to Venezuelans while Cubans were being deported. The question is —

BIDEN: The answer is yes. And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things. You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do in your when you’re in Arizona. So it’s a very different, very diverse community

GARCIA-NAVARRO: Sir. President Obama was known as the deporter in chief, removing more than three million people during the Biden Obama administration. Trump campaigned on “build that wall.” I did. No, the Obama Biden administration. Trump campaigned on “build that wall.” Are you willing to tear that wall down?

BIDEN: No — I’m — There will not be another foot of wall constructed in my administration.

It was later that he was asked about China.

Comment

He just re-iterated what he said before, "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black"

He believes all blacks think alike because they are all brainwashed to vote democrat. And any that don't aren't really part of the black community. That's really what he thinks, what all democrats think.

Biden just can't help actually saying it out loud instead of using his inside voice.

Comment

From the Babylon Bee:

Source: Biden Tells Staffers To Pick Any Black Person For VP 'Since They All Think The Same Anyway'

According to sources within the Joe Biden campaign, staffers have been instructed to pick "any black person" for vice president, "since they all think the same anyway."

He made the comment while in a strategy meeting with aides in his basement.

"Just nab any old black person -- they're all pretty much interchangeable," Biden reportedly told his aides. "That Stacey chick, the Kamala cop lady, heck, get Denzel Washington for all I care. Any of them are fine. And poor VP candidates are almost as bright as white ones."

"I had a black friend once, you know. Barry. Really great guy. Very clean and articulate."

Aides were then able to distract him by giving him a paddleball to play with while they went upstairs to try to do some damage control from whatever the latest racist or sexist thing he said was.

At publishing time, aides said they felt sorry for Biden, since he was under the mistaken impression that he gets to pick the VP candidate himself.

Source

Another one

Source: Joe Biden Holds A Diversity Training Seminar For The African American Community

During a recent interview, Joe Biden made comments stating that unlike the African American community, Latinos are diverse with a multitude of opinions and attitudes. Biden has now decided to address this lack of diversity himself and host a diversity training seminar for the black community.

“Alright, everybody to the conference room!” exclaimed Joe Biden. “Today we need to talk about the glaring lack of diversity amongst the black community. So buckle up, bucko, because today you’re going to learn how to be different from each other!"

Biden then made everyone put a sign on his or her forehead with a different race or ethnicity on it and to treat others as though they were that ethnicity. Many were clearly uncomfortable with this seemingly counterproductive exercise, and tensions were high.

Finally, one concerned attendee asked, “Joe, you say offensive things about us every time you speak. Are you sure you should be the one hosting this?”

“C’mon man! You think I’m not capable of doing this? I don’t need a cognitive test to provide d-ddddiversity training,” replied a defensive Biden.

Biden then tried to break the ice by doing a variety of impressions of different races.

Source

Comment