Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastor Defies State Orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor Defies State Orders...

Good on him!

Pastor John MacArthur welcomes churchgoers to the Grace Community Church 'peaceful protest' — gets standing ovation

Well-known pastor John MacArthur received an impromptu standing ovation after he welcomed churchgoers on Sunday morning to what he quipped was a "peaceful protest" at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California.

The evangelical pastor kicked off the Sunday service — which have continued in defiance of state orders — by saying, "Good morning everyone. I'm so happy to welcome you to the Grace Community Church Peaceful Protest."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/john-m...anding-ovation
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

There ya go. And I bet nobody was hiding behind umbrellas ready to throw rocks and bottles and launch commercial grade fireworks!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I heard him say that! And, the LAPD Chaplain was there and gave the opening prayer and reading of scripture.

Of course, I already started a thread about this in Christianity several weeks ago.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-in-California

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I heard him say that! And, the LAPD Chaplain was there and gave the opening prayer and reading of scripture.

Of course, I already started a thread about this in Christianity several weeks ago.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-in-California
        And this'n and that'n outta get married!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          There ya go. And I bet nobody was hiding behind umbrellas ready to throw rocks and bottles and launch commercial grade fireworks!
          Well they are Christians, those things can't be far behind. Perhaps next Sunday...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Good on him!
            MacArthur teaches his congregation that pre-history didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              MacArthur teaches his congregation that pre-history didn't exist.
              I think he is YEC...

Comment

I think he is YEC...
                He is YEC, hence why he teaches pre-history didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                  He is YEC, hence why he teaches pre-history didn't exist.
                  So?

Comment

whag is obsessed with those who don't think as he does about the origins of life.

He is constantly haranguing me about it, and I don't even talk about it that much.

He can't even address the issue at hand, but has to go off on the anti-YEC tantrum that he tends to turn every thread that I'm in into.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      And this'n and that'n outta get married!
                      If we did that, then we'd have to delete whag's scholarly posts.

Comment

Good on him!
                        So what, the pastor is obviously a shepherd who cares little about the health of his human sheep.

Comment

So?
                          You may as well have lauded Jim Bakker for defying state orders to not congregate. YEC and anti-evolution skepticism is a harmful western export--a product of western culture that undermines the natural sciences and confuses young Christians, setting them up for embarrassment and failure when they engage in discussions with educated skeptics.

Comment

whag is obsessed with those who don't think as he does about the origins of life.

He is constantly haranguing me about it, and I don't even talk about it that much.

He can't even address the issue at hand, but has to go off on the anti-YEC tantrum that he tends to turn every thread that I'm in into.
                            Not every thread, just occasional ones. Don't lie now.

I especially do it when creationists like MacArthur are lauded, mainly because he's injured my mother-in-law's mind and made her incapable of having rational discussions about teleology.

Comment

The issue is that such a position is anti-science. Which plays strongly into why he is foolishly subjecting his parishioners to unnecessary danger by encouraging them to meet together in a space and a manner that is the most likely to create a super-spreader event.

Keep in mind that by doing so, he makes that Church a mortal thread to the surrounding community. I do not understand why a Church would want to engage in activity that is a potentially mortal threat to the community around them. That is the exact opposite of what we are called to be. And need I say backlash from that same community is inevitable.

Church goer: "We really care about you, we really do".

Community member" "They why are you making us sick and killing us?"
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment