Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pastor Defies State Orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    But at least he is against murdering millions of babies every year before they're born. Unlike you.

The horror of abortion pales in comparison to MacArthur’s wicked belief that God tortures babies he predestined to Hell.

Look, all this stuff you are bringing up is simply attacking MacArthur for other things that have nothing to do with the thread topic.
    The thread topic is how courageous MacArthur is. I showed he’s a boneheaded YEC.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      No one is forced to come. You know like the protesters...
      I didn't say that they were forced to come, but only that the pastor is being irresponsible for encouraging them to go, to not wear masks or socially distance, in complete disregard for the parishioners health and the further spread of the virus into the community.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Like many churches in the past where tracing and evidence shows they are promoting the spread of COVID-19.
        Yes there probably will be some spread out his church. It strains credibility that there are no cases there.

If I was going to seriously worry about other people's action affecting me, I'd worry about the Sturgis Rally that's just started. They're expecting 250,000 people from all states and masks are optional. I think in 2 or 3 weeks, we'll see a big national spike and it will be traceable to Sturgis and not a 2,000 or so member church in California.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          And that is a much more reasonable and responsible approach to reopening - and can be seen as a legitimate protest to laws that might be overly aggressive wrt churches.
          I'm not criticizing MacArthur. He is my brother in the Lord and I pray for him.

Just as I pray for the governor to experience a change of heart and return to sanity. He's doing what he thinks is right and I pray he figures it out SOON. The other governors too. And mayors like the one in LA...Garcetti? Grace Community Church is in his bailiwick and I really worry about him too.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            I cited many documented cases where church services spread COVID-19, and I can cite more. There is no evidence that open are fatherings significantly contribute to the spread of COVID-19.
            "Fatherings?" What?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              "Fatherings?" What?
              He is talking about open gatherings.

The news reports he gave on church gatherings failed to provide sufficient details to assess the church gatherings as a cause of the spread of coronavirus. There were no specific people named nor specific church names such that the cases could be verified or that anyone could know whether these church meetings could have contributed to people catching a virus.

Comment

I'm not criticizing MacArthur. He is my brother in the Lord and I pray for him.

Just as I pray for the governor to experience a change of heart and return to sanity. He's doing what he thinks is right and I pray he figures it out SOON. The other governors too. And mayors like the one in LA...Garcetti? Grace Community Church is in his bailiwick and I really worry about him too.
                I would criticize him for this action. He is endangering many thousands of people directly, and many thousands more due to his popularity which will influence others to copy him. Being a fellow Christian does not excuse him. Especially as a noted teacher and pastor he carries a great responsibility not to lead others astray.and this is a grave error that lies squarely at the feet of pride and arrogance.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

"Fatherings?" What?
                  'open air gatherings'
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    He is talking about open gatherings.

The news reports he gave on church gatherings failed to provide sufficient details to assess the church gatherings as a cause of the spread of coronavirus. There were no specific people named nor specific church names such that the cases could be verified or that anyone could know whether these church meetings could have contributed to people catching a virus.
                    You all seem to think that MacArthur singlehandedly decided to open Grace. His elder board, made up of, at this time, 42 men, came together to make the decision. So please go blame all of them.

And then blame the governors and the mayors of the cities that are not stopping the rioting.

Edit to add:

I am really sorry, mike. I accidentally quoted your post, which I have no issues with, when I meant to quote oxmixmudd. My deepest apologies.

Here is the post I meant to quote by oxmixmudd:

I would criticize him for this action. He is endangering many thousands of people directly, and many thousands more due to his popularity which will influence others to copy him. Being a fellow Christian does not excuse him. Especially as a noted teacher and pastor he carries a great responsibility not to lead others astray.and this is a grave error that lies squarely at the feet of pride and arrogance.
                    Last edited by mossrose; 08-10-2020, 08:31 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You all seem to think that MacArthur singlehandedly decided to open Grace. His elder board, made up of, at this time, 42 men, came together to make the decision. So please go blame all of them.

And then blame the governors and the mayors of the cities that are not stopping the rioting.
                      And, oxmixmudd, please note all the atheists that gleefully amen your every post criticizing every thing that your "fellow" believers say and do. I think you have more in common with unbelievers than you do with believers.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Also Pastor McCoy and Calvary Chapel in Ventura.

Per the Daily Wire, the county's suit against them states,
                        Chapel and McCoy, in public statements, have represented that they will continue to violate the State Stay at Home Order and the Local Health Order by conducting, participating in, and attending indoor worship services at the Property, by failing to comply with the mandate of the State Public Health Officer to wear face coverings and practice physical distancing, and by permitting, allowing, and encouraging others to violate these mandates. McCoy has stated that he is ‘willing to go to jail’ and is ‘willing for them to take our building’ rather than to comply with the State Stay at Home Order and the Local Health Order.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Edit to add:

I am really sorry, mike. I accidentally quoted your post, which I have no issues with, when I meant to quote oxmixmudd. My deepest apologies.

Here is the post I meant to quote by oxmixmudd:
                          42 people all feeding off the same misinformation is not at all hard to believe in a climate that is strongly anti science.

And they do all bear the guilt. It's really a very, very sad commentary on how strongly the evangelical church has gravitated away from a respect for knowledge and wisdom.

But it will take a major pie in the face moment for it to change.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            42 people all feeding off the same misinformation is not at all hard to believe in a climate that is strongly anti science.

And they do all bear the guilt. It's really a very, very sad commentary on how strongly the evangelical church has gravitated away from a respect for knowledge and wisdom.

But it will take a major pie in the face moment for it to change.

It is far sadder that the evangelical church, for the most part, has taken up social justice and kowtowing to Caesar and NOT preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If you are part of that, then shame on you.

Comment

It is far sadder that the evangelical church, for the most part, has taken up social justice and kowtowing to Caesar and NOT preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
                              Pairing that preaching with lies about the nature of reality, it’s no surprise why people aren’t believing the Bible. Shame on you and preachers like MacArthur for lying to young people about who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                                Pairing that preaching with lies about the nature of reality, it’s no surprise why people aren’t believing the Bible. Shame on you and preachers like MacArthur for lying to young people about who they are.
                                What are you talking about, whag? How is anybody lying to young people about who they are?

Comment