Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do they find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Given what happens when you dehumanize groups, it's vile and disgusting.
    If you thought that was vile and disgusting, you're not going to last very long around here. Just sayin...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      If you thought that was vile and disgusting, you're not going to last very long around here. Just sayin...
      I get that you find dehumanization OK provided that it targets the "correct" group of people, but I do not.

Comment

I get that you find dehumanization OK provided that it targets the "correct" group of people
        Considering that I've said to you several times that dehumanization is wrong, I can only conclude that this accusation is a deliberate lie.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        but I do not.
        That's fine, but you're going to be pretty busy, because it happens here all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Actually that rumor was passed around as well. There was a copy-pasta that made it around Facebook quite often depicting a secretary of Auschwitz as George Soros. It was shared to me by a Trump-voting, truck-driving family member in the US.
          I would like to know how your Trump voting family member accounted for George working as a secretary at such a tender age.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
            I don't know to what extent Marjorie Taylor Greene believes Soros collaborated with the nazis, but just to set the record straight, Soros admitted he denied he was Jewish and collaborated with the nazis to save his behind.
            A fact you seem to have overlooked is that George Soros was barely fifteen when the Japanese Instrument of Surrender was signed on 2 September 1945.

You appear to be making accusations against a boy who at the time would have been between 12 and 14 years old.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              A fact you seem to have overlooked is that George Soros was barely fifteen when the Japanese Instrument of Surrender was signed on 2 September 1945.

You appear to be making accusations against a boy who at the time would have been between 12 and 14 years old.
              No kidding. And what fact about that takes away from "He collaborated with nazis"? Perhaps if the article you linked to elaborated that fact, I might have given it a bit more credence. They just outright denied an historical fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                He also said he didn't help them, he was just brought along. I think your biases against him are showing a bit here. I honestly don't know what US Conservatives have against him. As for him lying to be a Christian, that is a sin of course, but I won't fault a jewish kid doing what he could to survive. I think neither of us are in a position to shame him for it.
                Soros for many on the Right represents the eternal Jew.

A hundred or so years ago it would have been the Rothschilds. https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

Today it is Soros https://i0.wp.com/rantt.com/wp-conte...71%2C442&ssl=1
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No kidding. And what fact about that takes away from "He collaborated with nazis"?
                  How does a child collaborate?
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Soros for many on the Right represents the eternal Jew.

A hundred or so years ago it would have been the Rothschilds. https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

Today it is Soros https://i0.wp.com/rantt.com/wp-conte...71%2C442&ssl=1
                    I mean, maybe some of the conspiracy theory stuff about him is a bit over-the-top (like if there are theories that he's some kind of reptilian shape shifter or something), but the only thing I've heard is that he's a major funder of certain leftist movements and organizations, whether directly or indirectly through his foundations, and that's also been proven to be a fact.

Comment

How does a child collaborate?
                      By pretending to be a Christian, denying he was a Jew, and contributing in the confiscation of the properties of other Jews. He was a teen boy and understood what he was doing. Now we can assume he did what he could to survive (of course that's an assumption -- there are other accounts that his mother was antisemitic and he too has opposed actions taken by Israel), so no one's making a moral judgement here, and neither was the article you linked to. They just outright denied a historical fact and called it a conspiracy theory.

Comment

It is a dehumanizing term. Otherwise Democrats would not have been so upset when Trump called MS13 Animals.
                        Democrats weren't upset about him calling MS13 members animals, not for the most part anyway, what they were upset about was that by MS13 Trump was refering to undocumented immigrants in general. It's called a dog whistle which wasn't meant for democrat ears, it was just another racist trope meant for the dog ears of his base.

Comment

I'm not responding to the "conservative animosity" towards him, I'm responding to his direct words.
                          I don’t get why conservatives talk about him that much. He is a rich business man, who uses his money in liberal lobbyism.

But the way I see people on Facebook and other places talk of him is honestly disturbing.

It WAS a yes or no question,
                          Ah, so you have indeed stopped beating your wife? In general I think you are making far too much out of a minor quote. That is why I asked for corroborating evidence because I am not seeing what you are seeing. There is way too much wriggle room in the interpretations.

Since biases are on display here I prefer the more benign interpretation.

and that's how he answered it at first. Your argument is that he contradicts himself. First he confirms that he took part in the confiscation (and that was the direct question to him), then less than 30 seconds later he denies he took part. That makes no sense.
                          If you are going to insist on precision of language, then I will have to insist that you don’t shift the terms as you do in other posts, but stick to the terms as they were used. At no point in the interview does the interviewer use the term collaborate. You know that, so you shouldn’t say that he had said yes to whether he collaborated.

He said yes to whether he went out and helped. And the range of a yes to that is much greater. The former far more strongly implies an active part, than him just following along and having little say in what is done.

I’d even go so far as to say that his answer is consistent with him merely following along those groups and doing little except fetching coffee.

There just isn’t enough here.

My argument is that meant he took no part in the sense that he wasn't part of the actual orders, it's just he doesn't have command of the English language, so it came out that way.
                          I think this is quite a stretch. The interpretation I suggest, that the interviewer asked a loaded question, Soros hesitatingly answered it and later clarified his answer is more parsinimous.

You also have the problem that if you believe Soros command of English is poor, then you have to deal with the complexity of whether he understood the questions as you do.

He even compared it to the market. Why do you think he did that?
                          Because he lied about being a Jew, and took a position that while clever was separate from other Jews? Who knows? It’s a fascinating part of his character. And considering what was going on I consider it highly shameful of conservatives to use it to character assasinate him.

I honestly consider that despicable, even if (as you claim) he was actively helping them take possession of Jewish items. This is not a situation I believe we have the right to judge him for, or to use in political propaganda against him.
                          Last edited by Leonhard; 08-15-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I mean, maybe some of the conspiracy theory stuff about him is a bit over-the-top (like if there are theories that he's some kind of reptilian shape shifter or something),
                            "a bit over-the-top" is putting it mildly. It is nothing short of insane.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            but the only thing I've heard is that he's a major funder of certain leftist movements and organizations, whether directly or indirectly through his foundations, and that's also been proven to be a fact.
                            And?

The Koch brothers and the Mercers fund and support right wing political groups, do you apply the same opprobrium to them because of the causes they espouse?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Democrats weren't upset about him calling MS13 members animals, not for the most part anyway, what they were upset about was that by MS13 Trump was refering to undocumented immigrants in general. It's called a dog whistle which wasn't meant for democrat ears, it was just another racist trope meant for the dog ears of his base.
                              But there was a reason they were upset, and according to our German friend, they shouldn't have been, because humans ARE animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                No, captain tinfoil, Trump was NOT talking about illegal immigrants in general. He meant MS 13 specifically. Only leftist Reynolds Wrap runway models like you claim otherwise.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment