Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do they find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The problem sparko is that element that allows you to be able tolerate, even defend things like Trumps handling of the coronavirus pandemic. To be able to stand behind THAT and the myriad other things like it, something is broken, regardless of whether or not when you declare what you are for or against it comes up somewhere in the middle.

As I observe it - and I know you reject my observations on this entirely - Trump represents such a departure from the basic norms of decency and the principles that founded this country that people must compartmentalize and completely sever the connection between their moral center and their support for Trump. There are so many of you I talk with on this site that for any other person and in any other situation you would completely reject what Trump is. There is no other politician you would tolerate acting as he does. Something is broken here. And it's broken across this nation and in millions of people. And I can't explain it.
    Oh I can explain it. You have TDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am sure you will be surprised to know I sit pretty close to center on the political compass test.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47631[/ATTACH]

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
      Yes, but you're supposed to be honest when taking that test, Sparko. All that was needed was the answer to one question: are you a Trumpster? Yes? far right, case closed.

Comment

I am sure you will be surprised to know I sit pretty close to center on the political compass test.
        Not surprised in the least.

How people behave will vary quite a bit if they know their behavior is visible to their tribe. This is why you can pretend to be a moderate in one place while being a right-winger in another.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          How does who find whom? The example you gave is not because somebody "found" her, but that she presented herself.
          No my question was where do things like that breed?

Furthermore, who digs them up when they have hatched?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Oh I can explain it. You have TDS.
            Sorry sparko. Tolerating the complete mishandling of Covid by Trump, buying into what is clearly massive misinformation campaigns in efforts to shore up his blunders (or which may well have fed into them because he continually seemed to prefer such misinformation over the recommendations of the experts) points very clearly at your own form of "Trump Derangement".

And that is the point I'm making here.

Is there no way for you to recognize that an extra 90,000 deaths that can be laid at the feet of Donald Trump's ego is not something that would be tolerated without whatever is driving you to prefer trump at such a great cost? That such tolerance of such gross error tied directly to an ego that will not listen to anyone except his own 'gut', and which has been proven over and over to be wrong, is inherently misguided?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

After reading this thread I will never take seriously the outrage of the liberal left at being called names on this site or elsewhere. What a lot of hypocrites you are. Whining when you get called out for being idiotic and then wondering where conservatives "breed" and get dug up and the "demon semen" and all then rest of the rhetoric used here.

What a bunch of hypocrites you all are.

I expect absolutely NO outrage at this post by any of you. You can dish it out, you can take it, then, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                After reading this thread I will never take seriously the outrage of the liberal left at being called names on this site or elsewhere. What a lot of hypocrites you are. Whining when you get called out for being idiotic and then wondering where conservatives "breed" and get dug up and the "demon semen" and all then rest of the rhetoric used here.

What a bunch of hypocrites you all are.

I expect absolutely NO outrage at this post by any of you. You can dish it out, you can take it, then, too.
                Are you suggesting that the creature that has just won the Republican nomination for Georgia’s 14th congressional district with her anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, and Islamophobia is representative of the average conservative?

If you read the article you would find this paragraph:

Several high-profile Republicans then spoke out against her. The House minority whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana, quickly threw his support behind Cowan, while Representative Jody Hice of Georgia rescinded an endorsement of Greene.

However, you would also find this paragraph:

Greene also is part of a growing list of candidates who have expressed support for QAnon, the far-right US conspiracy theory popular among some supporters of Donald Trump. She is regarded as one of the QAnon supporters with the best chance of winning in November.

Which suggests that perhaps you are right and many conservative voters lean towards conspiracy theories, anti-Semitism, and Islamophobia.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  Are you suggesting that the creature that has just won the Republican nomination for Georgia’s 14th congressional district with her anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, and Islamophobia is representative of the average conservative?

If you read the article you would find this paragraph:

Several high-profile Republicans then spoke out against her. The House minority whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana, quickly threw his support behind Cowan, while Representative Jody Hice of Georgia rescinded an endorsement of Greene.

However, you would also find this paragraph:

Greene also is part of a growing list of candidates who have expressed support for QAnon, the far-right US conspiracy theory popular among some supporters of Donald Trump. She is regarded as one of the QAnon supporters with the best chance of winning in November.

Which suggests that perhaps you are right and many conservative voters lean towards conspiracy theories, anti-Semitism, and Islamophobia.
                  I didn't read the article. I couldn't get past the rhetoric used for, apparently anybody with conservative leanings, who seem to be all painted with the broad brush of "demon semen".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I didn't read the article.
                    Then you should have, given that the article notes that several high-profile Republicans have spoken against her and removed their endorsement.

I couldn't get past the rhetoric used for, apparently anybody with conservative leanings, who seem to be all painted with the broad brush of "demon semen".
                    The reference to demon semen was to that idiotic woman who calls herself a doctor. I do not know how rigorous the medical training in Nigeria might be and how it compares between institutions. However, I suspect it is not of the overall high standard that we see in northern Europe.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Trump met with a Qanon leader in the Oval Office. It seems 30% of this country has lost its mind, or as Hypatia put it, they've been hiding under a rock.
                      I'd prefer "secret crazy beliefs" over "out it the open nutbaggery", like the green new deal.

One comes to nothing, the other we all walk around with solar panels on our heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                        I'd prefer "secret crazy beliefs" over "out it the open nutbaggery", like the green new deal.

One comes to nothing, the other we all walk around with solar panels on our heads.
                        It's not being kept secret, that's the thing.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Don't forget there is the Lincoln Project where conservatives not given over to Trumpism have joined with more liberal forces to try to rid us of this abomination.
                          You mean the RINO Project? They're useful idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            You mean the RINO Project? They're useful idiots.
                            Assuming that's a reference to Russian propaganda techniques, useful to whom?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Assuming that's a reference to Russian propaganda techniques, useful to whom?
                              Useful to Leftists.

Oxi said it himself: "joined with more liberal forces". There's nothing conservative about what they're doing. Pathetic really.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Yes, but you're supposed to be honest when taking that test, Sparko. All that was needed was the answer to one question: are you a Trumpster? Yes? far right, case closed.
                                For little jimmy anyone who doesn't wake up every morning reflexively shaking his fist toward the ceiling while snarling "%#@$# Trump" is a "Trumpster."

tenor (2).gif
                                TRUUUUUUUUMP!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment