Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Coming Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I had a former co-worker who openly pined for a civil war for years. He loved to talk about how he would start going after liberals and their homes because they wouldn't be armed.
    As I pointed out previously in other threads, the notion of a race war has been floating around for decades, and it's mostly right-wing conservative opinion.

I'm not saying that conservatives are the only ones who've been predicting such things, though. I had a black co-worker/friend who sincerely thought whites were gonna rise up and start killing African Americans; Alan was rabidly liberal.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 08-13-2020, 12:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      prove it
      Turn on your TV.

Comment

As I pointed out previously in other threads, the notion of a race war has been floating around for decades, and it's mostly right-wing conservative opinion.

I'm not saying that conservatives are the only ones who've been predicting such things, though. I had a black co-worker/friend who sincerely thought whites were gonna rise up and start killing African Americas; Alan was rabidly liberal.
        I'm skeptical about it actually happening, at least in explicitly racial terms. I'd like to think most average people aren't going to get sucked up into that sort of narrative; that most people do have friends of other races at this point in history.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm skeptical about it actually happening, at least in explicitly racial terms. I'd like to think most average people aren't going to get sucked up into that sort of narrative; that most people do have friends of other races at this point in history.
          I agree completely. The tension and animosity exist, but people live very close to each other (when compared to the population density when our first civil war broke out). It doesn't take a genius to recognize that if you start killing people openly, you're going to get killed.

Also, I think we're a bit more enlightened and less ignorant than we used to be. People of all faiths, political parties and races recognize that racism is indicative of ignorance, to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Originally posted by seer View Post
            Hey idiot it is not Trump supporters who are burning cities and rioting
            prove it
            Turn on your TV.
            aka. proof is subjective.

Well played.

Comment

Hey idiot (ooh sorry I meant ChrINO) prove it
              What do you think is happening in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, etc...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well played.
                huh? Every riot and "protest" that has been going on for 3 months now, every night in many major cities across the country is objective proof that it is not the Trump supporters who are burning and rioting, but the liberals. dumbass.

Comment

I think a good solution is to wall off the Left Coast and let them create their own country. Then invite everyone in New York to join them.
                  Noooo I don't want to leave the United States I don't want my rights to be blocked

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    Noooo I don't want to leave the United States I don't want my rights to be blocked
                    Obviously, we would have rescue missions to bring out all conservatives from the enemy territory.

Comment

What do you think is happening in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, etc...
                      I think you have no proof that Trump supporters aren't part of it.

Comment

Lines are being drawn, sides chosen, opinions solidified. Can we escape a shooting war?

ARMED VIGILANTES ANTAGONIZING PROTESTERS HAVE RECEIVED A WARM RECEPTION FROM POLICE

Far-right militia members and vigilantes have shown up at police brutality protests across the U.S. — in many cases with encouragement from law enforcement.

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/19/...lity-protests/
                        By definition, I think we're already in one. There was a whole lot of political turmoil and jockeying that went on before the actual shooting started in the first one. Among numerous signs we've seen in the last three and half years, the fact that neither side trusts the coming election and both sides accusing the other of cheating is about as good as it's going to get that we're in a civil war.

I'm not saying that conservatives are the only ones who've been predicting such things, though. I had a black co-worker/friend who sincerely thought whites were gonna rise up and start killing African Americans; Alan was rabidly liberal.
                        About 1,000 heavily armed militia, all of whom were Black, marched through Georgia's Stone Mountain Park on Saturday, challenging white nationalist groups in the area to either come out and fight or join them in demonstrating against the government.

Newsweek
                        Yes, that's why armed white militias are marching through neighborhoods calling out black militia groups to an armed conflict because conservatives want a race war. You are one sick puppy, my friend.

Comment

Hey idiot it is not Trump supporters who are burning cities and rioting
                          prove it
                          Turn on your TV.

Well played.
                          huh? Every riot and "protest" that has been going on for 3 months now, every night in many major cities across the country is objective proof that it is not the Trump supporters who are burning and rioting, but the liberals.
                          Your opinion isn't proof.

dumbass.
                          Since I'm not the one mistaking my personal opinion for objective proof, you're projecting.

Again.

Comment

Since I'm not the one mistaking my personal opinion for objective proof, you're projecting.

Again.
                            Your silly response is proof enough that Sparko is correct.

The leftist press hides the fact that their people are rioting. Instead the press promotes the idea that they are all peaceful.

On what basis do you think the rioters could be conservatives or Trump supporters?

Comment

Again.
                              My personal opinion is what the news is showing every night? Please show me one of the gatherings where Trump supporters are rioting and burning cities.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                By definition, I think we're already in one. There was a whole lot of political turmoil and jockeying that went on before the actual shooting started in the first one. Among numerous signs we've seen in the last three and half years, the fact that neither side trusts the coming election and both sides accusing the other of cheating is about as good as it's going to get that we're in a civil war.
                                It seems that the voting system has been purposely corrupted. We see the worst in California where the Dem legislatures and governor have permitted ballot harvesting. This process is about as trustworthy as a sudden introduction of mail-in voting, as done by sending every person in the state a ballot, whether they are qualified to vote or not. By any measure, the ballot harvesting is corrupt at its very core. Is it purposely to decrease our trust of the voting system?

Comment