Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Postoffices are quietly getting rid of sorting machines head of election.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If only there was a time tested alternative to mail-in-voting...
    Mail-in-voting has existed for a long time, and is trustworthy enough that Drumpf himself has made use of it.

No alternative necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Mail-in-voting has existed for a long time...
      Not in the US.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Maybe they are getting ready to upgrade them in order to get ready for the election?
        Sheesh, would you please wake up! What is it going to take?

Comment

I still want to know why people opposed to mail-in voting aren't supporting the idea of simply having the poll places be open on more days. If they were open for election day and the week prior, it would do a whole lot to lower the number of people who are in the area at any given time, thereby making it safer, not to mention more convenient.

It appears like it would thus go a long way to solving the issues while not involving the "problems" that mail-in voting would allegedly cause. So if mail-in voting can't work, why not do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            I still want to know why people opposed to mail-in voting aren't supporting the idea of simply having the poll places be open on more days. If they were open for election day and the week prior, it would do a whole lot to lower the number of people who are in the area at any given time, thereby making it safer, not to mention more convenient.

It appears like it would thus go a long way to solving the issues while not involving the "problems" that mail-in voting would allegedly cause. So if mail-in voting can't work, why not do this?
            I don't know, unless perhaps there is a statutory requirement that there be an election "day," and so legislative changes would be needed.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

OK I found the interview, the topic starts here:

https://youtu.be/OL08DwwU0sk?t=596 and runs for a few minutes.

He is not saying he is cutting money to the post office. He is complaining about the democrats not coming to a deal with the republicans and they are the ones who need the money for mail in voting. He is saying they need the money so they should be willing to make a deal but they aren't. This isn't Trump trying to undermine mail in voting, but saying basically, "if the democrats need the money so badly, they should be willing to deal" in regards to the stimulus package. This is not about him withholding any funds.
              OMG, Sparko, just try to stop lying to yourself or admit that you are complicit in Trump's authoritarian abuse of power in trying to undermine the democratic election process. He is doing that because he knows he will lose the election and so will most likely end up in prison, or in Russia. He isn't only threatening to withhold the money needed by the USPS, but in the meantime he is also dismanteling the existing system to make sure the system won't function. He appointed a Postmaster General who immediately fired 23 top executives, is in the process of removing the necessary machines to sort and send out the mail, and doing all they can to slow down the process in order to .... up the election. You guys better open your .....ing eyes pretty soon or we'll be the next Belarus where btw, they are gasing, shooting, beating and rounding up protesters and carting them away in unmarked vehicles. Sound familiar? C'mon, wake up and stop looking for excuses.

Comment

I’ve yet to hear a good explanation for why this is being done.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  This does not make any sense to me.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n...f-the-election

Source: Motherboard - The Post Office Is Deactivating Mail Sorting Machines Ahead of the Election

The United States Postal Service is removing mail sorting machines from facilities around the country without any official explanation or reason given, Motherboard has learned through interviews with postal workers and union officials. In many cases, these are the same machines that would be tasked with sorting ballots, calling into question promises made by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy that the USPS has “ample capacity” to handle the predicted surge in mail-in ballots.

© Copyright Original Source

Bah, you don't need no stinking machines.

The sacred random ballot will be handled with respect and reverence.

We are in this together.

Comment

Why isn't "To bias the election" a good explanation?
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      OMG, Sparko, just try to stop lying to yourself or admit that you are complicit in Trump's authoritarian abuse of power in trying to undermine the democratic election process. He is doing that because he knows he will lose the election and so will most likely end up in prison, or in Russia. He isn't only threatening to withhold the money needed by the USPS, but in the meantime he is also dismanteling the existing system to make sure the system won't function. He appointed a Postmaster General who immediately fired 23 top executives, is in the process of removing the necessary machines to sort and send out the mail, and doing all they can to slow down the process in order to .... up the election. You guys better open your .....ing eyes pretty soon or we'll be the next Belarus where btw, they are gasing, shooting, beating and rounding up protesters and carting them away in unmarked vehicles. Sound familiar? C'mon, wake up and stop looking for excuses.
                      Jim, he isn't doing anything. The deal is up to congress to approve. He was merely pointing out the fact that if the dems didn't compromise they wouldn't get the funding they so desperately need. If they don't it is their own fault.

Comment

at this point the story is just a rumor. They removed some machines and they are questioning why and implying that it is some sort of conspiracy. There is no evidence that this is not just some routine thing. At the end of the article it even says:

After publication, USPS spokesperson David Partenheimer told Motherboard, “The Postal Service routinely moves equipment around its network as necessary to match changing mail and package volumes. Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline. Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations and better service for our customers.”

Comment

Trump is stealing mail trucks!!!!

jamielee.jpg

Comment

Trump is stealing mail trucks!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47687[/ATTACH]
                            That has to be satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              That has to be satire.
                              No, it is actually on her twitter page. She is a nut.

https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/s...46051772588032

Comment

No, it is actually on her twitter page. She is a nut.

https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/s...46051772588032
                                I believe she actually posted it, but surely no one could be that genuinely stupid. Yes, I know tWeb liberals (including ox) say similarly stupid things, but I have never been able to convince myself that they really believe what they're saying and that they're just having a laugh by posting stuff even they know is ridiculous.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-14-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment