Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Israel and UAE Agree to Establish Ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel and UAE Agree to Establish Ties

Israel and UAE Agree to Establish Ties; Annexation Is Halted

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Finally, a bit of potential good news in a year full of one bad thing... after... another.

Wait. Did you say that Trump was involved in it? Oh. That's different.

If there is a slight chance that things could improve in this world and Trump could even only be fractionally involved, then we need to put a stop to this travesty before it becomes a tragedy.

It would be far better for the world if they went to war than if peace were to breakout if Trump is in any way involved with the latter.

I figured that I'd just say what so many of the TDS crowd apparently feel.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The narrative is that it happened by itself and Trump is just taking credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        The narrative is that it happened by itself and Trump is just taking credit for it.
        Yup, and, hey, these things happen all the time, right?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The peace won't last. Scripture says so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Works for me.

So long as it doesn't resemble the Jimmy-Carter-Camp-David-Peace-Accord-$3billion-A-Year-Extortion-Racket that Israel and Egypt agreed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yup, and, hey, these things happen all the time, right?
              Well it wasn't going to happen under Obama after the way he treated Israel.

All of the parties involved with it are saying that Trump did indeed have a large hand in it. But they must just be in his pocket. Or he is their puppet.

Comment

Seems there's disagreements about what this peace agreement actually entails, at the moment it suspends Israel's plans to annex the West Bank, but Netanyahu states that it is still Israel's intention to annex that region. So we'll see what comes of it. However I'm cautiously optimistic about this peace deal between these two countries.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  The peace won't last. Scripture says so.
                  I'm like.... do Christians really think this is reason to celebrate? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    I'm like.... do Christians really think this is reason to celebrate? Am I missing something here?
                    I started the thread because I think it's important historically - not necessarily from a Christian perspective -- which is why I started in Civics.

Comment

I'm not celebrating the fact that this peace won't last, if that's what you are saying (since I'm not quite sure....).

It's hard for me to not look at current events through the eyes of "how does this correlate to what scripture says". What disturbs me is that Christians applaud this sort of thing without using an eye toward the fact that there will be no lasting peace until the Lord returns.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm not celebrating the fact that this peace won't last, if that's what you are saying (since I'm not quite sure....).

It's hard for me to not look at current events through the eyes of "how does this correlate to what scripture says". What disturbs me is that Christians applaud this sort of thing without using an eye toward the fact that there will be no lasting peace until the Lord returns.
                        I confess that my interest in this is very much personal -- I want to visit Jerusalem one more time, and not worry about being caught in yet another Jewish/Arab war.

Comment

I'll hold my peace. I'll just say, I expect darfius to make a thread about this in the eschatological section any day now claiming Trump is the antichrist.

Comment

I'll hold my peace. I'll just say, I expect darfius to make a thread about this in the eschatological section any day now claiming Trump is the antichrist.
                            He's NOT?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Finally, a bit of potential good news in a year full of one bad thing... after... another.

Wait. Did you say that Trump was involved in it? Oh. That's different.

If there is a slight chance that things could improve in this world and Trump could even only be fractionally involved, then we need to put a stop to this travesty before it becomes a tragedy.

It would be far better for the world if they went to war than if peace were to breakout if Trump is in any way involved with the latter.

I figured that I'd just say what so many of the TDS crowd apparently feel.
                              This is worse than I first thought! According to a report on Newsy that I heard this morning it was Trump along with his son-in-law (acronym "SIN" -- a coincidence? I think not!) Jared Kushner are personally responsible for brokering the deal.

Now we know beyond a shadow of any doubt that this deal must, Must, MUST be scuttled! RESIST!!1!!eleventy-one!
                              Last edited by rogue06; 08-14-2020, 12:06 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment