Game Thread: Mercenaries (D&D 3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Thread: Mercenaries (D&D 3.5e)

The Companions of Strength and Honor are known for their hospitality. The wise take advantage of that fact when arriving in a new city. You're no exception. First things first: food then sleep. Food was a hearty stew with chunks of meat. Hopefully, it was beef. Thick slices of bread and mugs of beer completed the meal. It was a large room, but the fifty or so people eating at long tables made it feel cramped. The Companions ate with their guests, but that was no surprise.

After the meal, a gruff dwarf with just a hint of stubble on his face directs you and three other guests to your room. He informs you that you get two nights stay and two meals a day for free. He points out a tall human woman as the local recruiter should anyone be interested in joining. She's also the person to talk to if you wish to stay longer than the two nights. He warns you that staying longer requires you to help out in some manner, but that you can work out how with her. He quickly completes his spiel and moves on to the other guests.

It's a larger room than you expected, even if there's just enough space for a pair of bunk beds and a short bench. At least it's not communal barracks...

Welcome to Hargalond.
    I'm not here anymore.

[Er, you four are all in the same bunkroom.]
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

A large half-orc claims one of the bottom bunks by tossing his backpack on it. He then sets a massive warhammer down on the ground before greeting his new roommates. "Ratzus. Slave to none save Jeul."
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

A fashionably-dressed gnome quickly claims the other bottom bunk in similar fashion. "Greetings, Ratzus. My name's Calpurnius."
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nataer look at the bunk beds and notice the lower bed is already occupied. "Hello roommates, I am Nataer."

Nataer put his backpack at the top of half-or bed and as agile as cat push himself to the top bed.

"So are you a fighter too Ratzus, just like me?" Nataer asked?

Comment

[He's a lover, not a fighter. But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. He is... the most interesting half-orc in the world.]

"It's not just a hammer. It's a Holy Symbol."

Comment

Kevian gestured towards the last bunk and his leopard sprung up onto it and curled up on the blanket.

"The names's Kevian and this is my companion, Colin. If you don't mind my asking, what are your plans for your stay here?"
              --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

"Pick up supplies and head north, unless the Companions have some use for me here."

Comment

"What's up north? Are there caravan that needed a hand?" Nataer queried.

"I am looking to earn some gold, maybe the companion have some needs for people like me."

"Who would like to join me in talking to the woman pointed by the dwarf?" Nataer asked.

Comment

Ratzus shrugs. "I was going to talk to her anyway."

Comment

"Yes, it would only be right to see what use we can be here before setting off, to repay the kindness they have shown us. We shall also ccompany you."
                      --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

"You could join, you know," Ratzus says, pointing out the shield clasp on his cloak.
                        Last edited by Spartacus; 06-05-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

[It's late. Just go to sleep and you can find her after breakfast. She'll be around. ]
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"Ok let's look for her tomorrow. For tonight let's us rest, I had a long journey this morning" Nataer told his companion then went to sleep.

Comment

[Dang, didn't know it was going to start yet. Ah well, I'll get the next game.]
                              Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X