Game Thread: Mercenaries (D&D 3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    [oh no! the jungle! If only we had someone in our party who is attuned to nature, like a ranger or a druid!]
    []
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Calpurnius:

The guard nods. "Yes, the southern roads are regularly patrolled. That keeps incidents down. The northern road is different, though. No one uses this road unless they're slavers. We can't guarantee your safety past this point."
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"Ah. Thank you for the warning, then. Unfortunately, we're trying to determine the whereabouts of a party that left this gate a couple weeks ago."

[Why is the marketplace near a gate that only slavers use? And we have a freedman, while exploring an area slavers frequent. ]
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          [Why is the marketplace near a gate that only slavers use?
          [The city has three gates: one directly north, one on the southeast side and on on the southwest side. The quality goods and craftsmen are in permanent buildings on the southwest and west parts of town. Administrative facilities and the upper class neighborhoods are on the southeast side of town. The seedier neighborhoods are to the north. The slavers set up their market and slave housing facilities in the north and northeast. The marketplace in the northwest sells lower quality goods, and it serves the sort of clientele likely be in that part of the city.]

And we have a freedman, while exploring an area slavers frequent. ]
          [ This campaign is going to be interesting, if I do say so myself.]
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Calpurnius:

The guard frowns. "You're looking for a group of slavers? Just the four of you?"
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              [ This campaign is going to be interesting, if I do say so myself.]
              [you're welcome ]
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                Calpurnius:

The guard frowns. "You're looking for a group of slavers? Just the four of you?"
                [Where is the map? I can't find it. I'm having a hard time reconciling the guard's assertion that only slavers use the gate and the surveying mission north.]

"No, this was a small group of people as well."
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[Where is the map? I can't find it. I'm having a hard time reconciling the guard's assertion that only slavers use the gate and the surveying mission north.]
                  [Reference thread is here. World map is here. Basically, everything north of Hargalond is wild jungle, and beyond that is where the orc tribes are found.

The surveying mission is an anomaly. The guards you're dealing with may or may not have been aware of it, let alone present for its departure. If it's easier, I can just modify their statement to saying "almost no one uses it but slavers". ]

Calpurnius:

The guard looks at his partner. "Did you know about that?"

The second guard shakes his head. "No, but that doesn't mean much." He turns to address the group. "Be on your way, then. Don't expect anyone to come save you, though."

"And don't say we didn't warn you!" adds the first guard. He steps out of the way.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"Thank you for the warning" natter said as he goes out of the gate.

Nataer noting that they are going to travel in "slaver's road" turned to his companions, "So what is our plan?"

"Are we going to travel on this "slavers road?"

"Or are going to walk in the jungle instead create our own road?"

Comment

[who will rescue the rescuers? The next set of PCs, obviously]

"We will make better time on the road. We should take the road and have a plan in case we run into trouble."
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                        [who will rescue the rescuers? The next set of PCs, obviously]
                        [Mercenaries 2.0 will be in 4th edition, too. ]
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"We can probably assume that the surveyors stuck to the road unless they saw something off to the side they wanted to investigate. We should keep our eyes open for any disturbance to the side of the path, but they probably went at least a day's journey before seriously looking for a good spot for a way station."

sigpic

Comment

"That is a sensible approach. Let us depart."

[Sorry for my absence guys, babies have been keeping me up at night, so I'm pretty much zombified most evenings now. That situation should improve soon, I hope.]
                            --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

"Ok let's go".

Comment

[Would I need to buy animal feed for my animal companion? If so, ten days worth for 1 sp or however much food for a leopard would cost. I assume we're not keeping track of weight?]
                                --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X