No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Mercenaries (D&D 3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Irate Canadian is still building a character and will be joining us soon. If there's room for him, there's probably room for you. If you want to play, PM Carrik a sheet.]
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
      [Dang, didn't know it was going to start yet. Ah well, I'll get the next game.]
      [Post in the exploratory thread, or find us in the shoutbox. This thread is reserved for current players. ]
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[If you're ready, let's move on.]
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[guess so.]

Comment

[yes - sorry, swamped at work the last couple days]
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              [yes - sorry, swamped at work the last couple days]
              [No need to apologize. I just don't want us to bog down this early. ]
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[I guess we all go to sleep, then, and see what tasks are set before us in the morning?]
                --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Travel weariness overtakes you, and soon all in the room are fast asleep. The next sound you hear is that of a fist pounding on the door followed by a shout that breakfast is ready. Morning ablutions completed, you head out across the grounds to the hall where you ate the night before.

The Companions believe that the first meal sets the tone for the rest of the day. Thick slices of bacon and fluffy, golden biscuits are piled high on plates set out on the tables. Bowls filled with creamy gravy sit adjacent to the biscuits, and pitchers of chilled water cut with wine are waiting on the tables.

As you eat, you notice that the hall is not nearly as full as it had been last night. There are roughly two dozen men and women in their grey cloaks, but nearly all of the guests are missing. You see the woman you're looking for standing by the door. Those present eat their meals and disband; those in cloaks presumably heading off to their various tasks. The guests eat quickly and head for the door, ducking their head and hurrying out into the morning sunlight. The woman looks grim, and her frown deepens as each guest leaves without speaking to her. Before long, the four of you are the only guests left in the hall.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Calpurnius approaches the woman after he finishes eating, and says, "Good day, m'lady. Thank you for your hospitality. Is there anything I or my companions can help you with in repayment?"
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

When Nataer finishes eating approaches the woman as the same time as Calpurnius. But when Carpurnius was first to say something, Nataer did not continue what he is about to say instead he just listened.

Comment

Calpurnius:

The woman's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You...wish to help?" She looks you over appraisingly. "There's a matter you could help with, but it will take more than just you." She hesitates. "Your clothing probably won't survive, though."
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Ratzus steps in. "I can help."

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            Calpurnius:

The woman's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You...wish to help?" She looks you over appraisingly. "There's a matter you could help with, but it will take more than just you." She hesitates. "Your clothing probably won't survive, though."
                            "In that case, I'd better visit a local rag shop first. Can you recommend one?"

sigpic

Comment

Ratzus:
                              The woman faces Ratzus. "Well met, Shield Brother. I was hoping you would offer your services. What chapter do you hail from?"

Calpurnius:
                              "My clothing is provided by the Companions, so I don't really know," the woman replies. "The market square is in the northwest part of the city, though. The permanent shops are located south of that."
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                                Ratzus:
                                The woman faces Ratzus. "Well met, Shield Brother. I was hoping you would offer your services. What chapter do you hail from?"
                                He salutes. "Bepool. I have extended leave for personal things."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X