Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Melodious greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    Of all the things that needed to be a real thing, this was not one of them.
    Why not? I'm pretty sure a couple of other members joined TWeb because of that site...
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      Why not? I'm pretty sure a couple of other members joined TWeb because of that site...
      That is true. There were a large number of referrals from there to here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Welcome back again!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
            I don't know. I guess it's that, besides a few specific ones, I really don't like anime. Especially the characters, with their creepy, pupil-less, window pane eyes......
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
              Hello, everyone. I am The Melody Maker, but if you want you could call me "MelMak" for short or by my real name Russell. This is my second time joining up, since the first time I came was before TWeb crashed. My mom Mossrose and I discovered this place many years ago via a link from the Christian Anime Alliance, though she took more of an interest in TWeb than I did. (I don't even look at CAA much any more.)

I don't know how often I'll come on here to post, but I'll try to once in a while. Until you hear from me again, keep "singing and making melody in your hearts to the Lord". :)

~ Russell ("The Melody Maker" / "MelMak")
              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

MelMak, as soon as I say that name I knew you belonged to the sweet young thing (aka moserose). Glad to have you as often or seldom as you like. Hope it is often if you take after your mother. I don't much like anime but I think highly of your mom.

Grampa Jed
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Thank you for the nice welcomes, everyone. :)
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                    I don't know. I guess it's that, besides a few specific ones, I really don't like anime. Especially the characters, with their creepy, pupil-less, window pane eyes......

Which anime are you even talking about? Most of them either have only classic dot pupils, or are like Sailor Moon types, and also have pupils. So, I don't get this post at all.

Comment

Hello again MelMak.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Which anime are you even talking about? Most of them either have only classic dot pupils, or are like Sailor Moon types, and also have pupils. So, I don't get this post at all.
                        From my experience about the only characters that don't have pupils are ones who are being somehow controlled through things like spells, possession or implant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          From my experience about the only characters that don't have pupils are ones who are being somehow controlled through things like spells, possession or implant.
                          Exactly! Makes me wonder what TT was watching.

Comment

He's probably talking about 1960's/'70's anime - a lot of them had issues with eyes. I still can't watch some of them - the 'jumping eye effect' to show tension drives me up a wall.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              He's probably talking about 1960's/'70's anime - a lot of them had issues with eyes. I still can't watch some of them - the 'jumping eye effect' to show tension drives me up a wall.
                              Can you give an example so I can at least see what you are talking about. No, you don't need to link it, but a show name would be nice.

Comment

Voltron, Astro Boy (not as much) are the only ones coming to mind at the moment. I don't remember 'pupil' issues with either but I never watch them so...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X