Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

My Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Writing

So I'd made a post in the old Tweb about the novel that I've been working on. My description of it seemed to be fairly well-received, haphazard though it was.

There's been some changes to it, though. In short, I've abandoned that idea almost completely.

However, I do still have some ideas brewing, and I do still intend to write a novel. I'm no longer in any kind of hurry to do it, but I do intend to do it. (somehow, eventually, one way or another, etc.)

I wrote a short story recently, from the barest germ of an idea, and I'm wondering (with great trepidation) if I should share it here. For your reading pleasure, and so forth. And for, you know, criticism and stuff.

What do you think? Dare I expose Tweb to my fiction writing?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Please share!
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Please share!
      How many posters do you think bother to read things like that? (I mean, every other person on the internet is a writer, so how good could any of it actually be? )

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        How many posters do you think bother to read things like that? (I mean, every other person on the internet is a writer, so how good could any of it actually be? )

I used to write some short stories on my blog (when Tweb had blogs) and they were read by more folks than I'd have thought.

Give it a go - the worst that happens is no one reads it. Same thing happens if it stays in the proverbial drawer.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I would like to read it!
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Who cares? If one or two read it is that not enough?
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Who cares? If one or two read it is that not enough?
              No! My work must be read by all!

Actually I was just curious. Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll be posting it shortly.

Comment

Ok, it's posted. Read it, and weep.

Comment

However, I do still have some ideas brewing, and I do still intend to write a novel. I'm no longer in any kind of hurry to do it, but I do intend to do it. (somehow, eventually, one way or another, etc.)
                  Do National Novel Writing Month with me this year. I've done it (and won) twice now.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Ok, it's posted. Read it, and weep.

Link?
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Link?

If I must.

Comment

Hey, I'm a busy girl - I don't have time to be hunting down links! That'd waste five whole seconds!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X