Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

New to fishing, and getting my bait stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice catch!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Caught this guy today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]622[/ATTACH]

Oddly enough I snagged him.
      Is that you, then? I thought you had blue eyes.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I used to see catfish as a poor substitute for other sorts of fish when it came to dining. That was until one of my brother's friends opened up a restaurant. His was so good that I stopped ordering shrimp and would get a double order of catfish.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he thought that he didn't need to pay payroll taxes and the IRS shut him down
        Good catfish is still better than bad other fish, even if catfish is a lesser fish.

Of course, it matters a lot what they've been eating, as I understand it.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          Is that you, then? I thought you had blue eyes.
          Yup, that's me. I actually have green eyes. Not that you can tell when I wear my sunglasses, which is anytime I go outside.

Comment

Yup, that's me. I actually have green eyes. Not that you can tell when I wear my sunglasses, which is anytime I go outside.
            Your avatar is misleading.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Mine is pretty accurate

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I never said the avatar was of me.

Comment

Brum, what were you using for bait? That's a nice fish!
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Brum, what were you using for bait? That's a nice fish!
                    Nightcrawlers. Oh, and like I said, it snagged the fish, so I don't think the bait mattered too much. However my mom and dad(my dad was nice enough to let me reel that one in since they hadn't been biting much yet) both caught one using the nightcrawlers.

Yeah, they were all swimming in the same spot splashing around(about 7 of them), so it wasn't too hard to cast out over by where they were.

I once caught a 3 ft. carp out there too, and it actually bit on the nightcrawler. I was pretty shocked by that myself. I'll have to find the picture of that one. It's my all time biggest catch.

Comment

Nightcrawlers. Oh, and like I said, it snagged the fish, so I don't think the bait mattered too much. However my mom and dad(my dad was nice enough to let me reel that one in since they hadn't been biting much yet) both caught one using the nightcrawlers.

Yeah, they were all swimming in the same spot splashing around(about 7 of them), so it wasn't too hard to cast out over by where they were.

I once caught a 3 ft. carp out there too, and it actually bit on the nightcrawler. I was pretty shocked by that myself. I'll have to find the picture of that one. It's my all time biggest catch.
                      Heck, carp will just flop right up on the bank. Nasty fish. blech.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I had never caught one before, and it was huge, and put up a big fight, so I wasn't complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I find them sort of Koi...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh, and you could try moving to a somewhat smaller hook, this way, you can still get the excitement of reeling in the little guys while you wait for the big ones.
                            Btw, using an ultralight rod is tons of fun. Even a little perch makes it bow over like it's a massive fish.
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Do you.... have any eights?

Comment

Btw, using an ultralight rod is tons of fun. Even a little perch makes it bow over like it's a massive fish.
                                I use one that my grandpa had hand made for me. It's really nice, I love the little finger grasp thing it has on it. I never understood why it looked like it had a trigger for a gun until I hooked something really heavy. Then it hit me, it's to help hold on to the pole better.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X