Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudism and Clothing

While coming very close to being a Christian Nudist I am wondering what standards those that don't believe in it employ in determining several areas when it comes to the nudity/clothing issue:

1. Do you think it is ok for women to wear shorts and/or skirts? Is a certain length unacceptable?
    2. Is it ok for a women to go to the beach in a bikini? What about a one piece suit? Or should they not go at all? Should they swim fully clothed? Are sports bras unacceptable?
    3. Is it ok for a man to walk around shirtless? What if he is exercising?... or doing laborious outside work? What if the temperature is soaring? - Why is it often ok for a man to be shirtless in public but not ok for a woman to be shirtless in public?
    4. Do you think it is ok or wrong for a woman to breastfeed their baby in public? Should they fully cover themselves up?
    5. Is the statue of Michelangelo "David" offensive? Why/why not? - If not, then why would it be offensive if men walked around undressed like that?

I think perhaps the only thing right now that keeps me from totally embracing Christian Nudism is that I wouldn't want to sit in places where a fully nude person was previously sitting. I think that would be skeevy.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-07-2014, 09:46 PM.

Foudy, you sound like someone whose concerned only about himself and not others. Scripture preaches modesty. I don't think I need to say much more than that.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Then in your "modesty" you should realize that I think it is unfair as to the conditions surrounding my last question in point #3 - so much for me not caring about others.

Oh yeah....the human body is so "immodest". How dare we not cover it all constantly!
      Last edited by foudroyant; 06-07-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

What are the biblical arguments for nudism?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm going to point out two things...I nursed my daughter until she was three. I live in the US, your darn right I covered or went to a bathroom in public. Two, My Dad and Grandfathers NEVER did yard work without a shirt. He only went shirtless where it was appropriate and that was a pool or the beach. And so help me God if I ever wear a Bikini around my extended family or my kids. I grew up in the Southern US. Its HOT and Humid. Cotton Breathes. Use Water and a Hat and a Sprinkler. you can keep cool that way. But far be it from me to be consistent.

Also, I went to nursing school and I've worked in nursing homes. I've seen more genitals with stuff on them than a prostitute while trying to run out a locked door. I REALLY don't have the desire to see the human body in all its glory, though I can work with it just fine thank you in a diseased or normal state. Cover up what the Good Lord Gave you and just show it to your spouse. We nurse techs are going to have to look at it when you lose your mind later on anyway. Why should we have to see it now?
          Last edited by Catholicity; 06-07-2014, 10:32 PM.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_nudism

http://www.figleafforum.com/

Comment

So there was this thing that happened when God gave Adam and Eve cloth right...
              Besides that I have no idea what to think of what I just read.
              "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
              "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
              Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                I'm going to point out two things...I nurse my daughter until she was three. I live in the US, your darn right I covered or went to a bathroom in public. Two, My Dad and Grandfathers NEVER did yard work without a shirt. He only went shirtless where it was appropriate and that was a pool or the beach. And so help me God if I ever wear a Bikini around my extended family or my kids. I grew up in the Southern US. Its HOT and Humid. Cotton Breathes. Use Water and a Hat and a Sprinkler. you can keep cool that way. But far be it from me to be consistent.
                So is it inappropriate for a man to be shirtless running on a track? working out in a field? running a marathon? a triathlon? engaging in a boxing match?
                Please answer the question in point #5 in the OP as well.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                  So is it inappropriate for a man to be shirtless running on a track? working out in a field? running a marathon? a triathlon? engaging in a boxing match?
                  Nope. I don't feel like it I edited my last post. Also your being an ass.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                    So there was this thing that happened when God gave Adam and Eve cloth right...
                    Besides that I have no idea what to think of what I just read.
                    He gave them clothing. Sin now entered into the world. It was gracious that God did this. Thorns and thistles would now grow and this clothing would protect them from these kinds of things. I'm not sure if there was a mosquito problem before the Fall but clothing would be helpful against that - indeed, against the cold as well.
                    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-07-2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Why are exactly are you trying to embrace nudity? Also I don't really consider having your shirt off and etc. nudity but that's just me and the proper definition talking.
                      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

I'm just becoming more convinced it is not a sin.
                        If it is ok for you to take your shirt off in public why not for a woman as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Nope. I don't feel like it I edited my last post. Also your being an ass.

If you aren't going to engage in clear serious discussion by resorting to these attacks then just get lost.

Comment

If it is ok for you to take your shirt off in public why not for a woman as well?
                            When Adam and Eve were innocent they were naked and cared/knew nothing of it, but when they fell he gave them clothing for a reason.
                            During time and later it was the pagans who decided it was okay to be naked naturally not God/jews/non-nudist Christians(during that time).

Comment

There are proper and wrong times to have your shirt off,and once again that's not the definition of nudity.
                              Anyway sports bra isn't nudity either not even by technical standards.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X