Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudism and Clothing

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by foudroyant View Post
    So is it inappropriate for a man to be shirtless running on a track? working out in a field? running a marathon? a triathlon? engaging in a boxing match?
    Please answer the question in point #5 in the OP as well.
    Why are exactly are you trying to embrace nudity? Also I don't really consider having your shirt off and etc. nudity but that's just me and the proper definition talking.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm just becoming more convinced it is not a sin.
    If it is ok for you to take your shirt off in public why not for a woman as well?

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    Nope. I don't feel like it I edited my last post. Also your being an ass.

If you aren't going to engage in clear serious discussion by resorting to these attacks then just get lost.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If it is ok for you to take your shirt off in public why not for a woman as well?
    When Adam and Eve were innocent they were naked and cared/knew nothing of it, but when they fell he gave them clothing for a reason.
    During time and later it was the pagans who decided it was okay to be naked naturally not God/jews/non-nudist Christians(during that time).
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are proper and wrong times to have your shirt off,and once again that's not the definition of nudity.
    Anyway sports bra isn't nudity either not even by technical standards.

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Apparently you don't like IRL experience or The idea that the Bible has something to say about covering up.....poor thing. And I'm sure you hate hearing it coming from a woman.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    Apparently you don't like IRL experience or The idea that the Bible has something to say about covering up.....poor thing. And I'm sure you hate hearing it coming from a woman.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    I love hearing it coming from you.....makes me more appreciative as to where I currently live.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post
    When Adam and Eve were innocent they were naked and cared/knew nothing of it, but when they fell he gave them clothing for a reason.
    During time and later it was the pagans who decided it was okay to be naked naturally not God/jews/non-nudist Christians(during that time).
    I already supplied the reasons in Post #10.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post
    There are proper and wrong times to have your shirt off,and once again that's not the definition of nudity.
    If a woman walked around most anywhere in public in the USA and she was topless she wouldn't be arrested for this?

What SPECIFICALLY are the "proper" times for a man to have his shirt off?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He gave them clothing. Sin now entered into the world. It was gracious that God did this. Thorns and thistles would now grow and this clothing would protect them from these kinds od things. I'm not sure if there was a mosquito problem before the Fall but clothing would be helpful against that - indeed, against the cold as well.
    Please show where it states that "thorn and thistles" was a problem and that they grew after the fall not a convincing refutation at all.
    So no clothing wouldn't be a problem for stop mosquito's?
    God clothed because they knew of their nakedness and shame not because he was worried about some bug bite/thorns. Do you know the cloth they wore back then? It would hardly stop a thorn/bug bite anyway.
    Once again the bible goes against nudity and often had ties with shame pretty clearly in the bible.