Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently you don't like IRL experience or The idea that the Bible has something to say about covering up.....poor thing. And I'm sure you hate hearing it coming from a woman.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Apparently you don't like IRL experience or The idea that the Bible has something to say about covering up.....poor thing. And I'm sure you hate hearing it coming from a woman.
      Thanks for your opinion.
      I love hearing it coming from you.....makes me more appreciative as to where I currently live.
      Last edited by foudroyant; 06-07-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
        When Adam and Eve were innocent they were naked and cared/knew nothing of it, but when they fell he gave them clothing for a reason.
        During time and later it was the pagans who decided it was okay to be naked naturally not God/jews/non-nudist Christians(during that time).
        I already supplied the reasons in Post #10.

Comment

There are proper and wrong times to have your shirt off,and once again that's not the definition of nudity.
          If a woman walked around most anywhere in public in the USA and she was topless she wouldn't be arrested for this?

What SPECIFICALLY are the "proper" times for a man to have his shirt off?

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
            He gave them clothing. Sin now entered into the world. It was gracious that God did this. Thorns and thistles would now grow and this clothing would protect them from these kinds od things. I'm not sure if there was a mosquito problem before the Fall but clothing would be helpful against that - indeed, against the cold as well.
            Please show where it states that "thorn and thistles" was a problem and that they grew after the fall not a convincing refutation at all.
            So no clothing wouldn't be a problem for stop mosquito's?
            God clothed because they knew of their nakedness and shame not because he was worried about some bug bite/thorns. Do you know the cloth they wore back then? It would hardly stop a thorn/bug bite anyway.
            Once again the bible goes against nudity and often had ties with shame pretty clearly in the bible.
            "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
            "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
            Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

If a woman walked around most anywhere in public in the USA and she was topless she wouldn't be arrested for this?

What SPECIFICALLY are the "proper" times for a man to have his shirt off?
              When did I ever say it was okay for a women to be topless "anywhere"?Never did. Same goes for guys.
              Proper times for me include football practice,at home, at the pool,etc.
              You really aren't presenting a good case for nudity something the bible is clearly against.
              "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
              Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

We heard nothing about these problems before the fall. Animal skins would be thick enough to prevent a mosquito from biting through it and a good protection against the cold.

If something is a sin then it is incumbent upon those that claim so to prove their point. So where is the evidence that it is?
                Last edited by foudroyant; 06-07-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

We heard nothing about these problems before the fall. Animal skins would be thick enough to prevent a mosquito from biting through it and a good protection against the cold.

If something is a sin then it is incumbent upon those that claim so to prove their point. So where is the evidence that it is?
                  Besides the fact you didn't use a single verse to support your OP and just assumptions you should seriously fix that.
                  Nudity and shamed is tied in together:

Genesis 9:21; Exodus 20:26; 32:25; 2 Chronicles 28:19; Isaiah 47:3; Ezekiel 16:35-36; Luke 8:27; Revelation 3:17; 16:15; 17:16

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christia...#ixzz3415oSpTa

"The only passages in which nudity is free of shame are those that describe Eden’s idyllic setting or that deal with marital relations (Proverbs 5:18-19; Song of Solomon 4).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-nudist.html#ixzz3415zpft8"

Comment

Nothing but assumptions why are thorns a problem?
                    Same goes for mosquitos.
                    Are you going to assume God created these things after the fall?What do you proof of to say they are bad?And don't even try the whole mosquito can spread disease so can humans.
                    Thorns protect roses and mosquitos need blood to survive.
                    Last edited by Cerealman; 06-07-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Not to say I'd let a mosquito bite me but the facts are facts.

Comment

While coming very close to being a Christian Nudist...
                        WHY does this not surprise me even a teeny bit?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh lawdy lawd! There's some people out there that should NEVER be introduced to Christian nudism. There's just some things that you can't purge from your memory.

Comment

Foud, in my experience, if one has has to ask if soemthing is wrong, it's a sure bet it's wrong for one.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Ezekiel 16:35-36
                              This has to do with idolatry.

Where nudity is forbidden

Despite the aforementioned beliefs, there are three areas in which Christian naturists may feel nudity is condemned by the Bible:[29]
                              Where it is forced on a person against their will (e.g. prisoners). God did not strip Adam and Eve of their fig leaves leaving them naked, but rather made them garments from animal skin.
                              When associated directly with sin (orgies, temple prostitution, etc.) or indecent exposure (in the modern sense). In particular, situations where a person has willingly undressed causing surprise and shock to those not expecting such an encounter. (Some indecent exposure laws may be considered as too stringent, however.)
                              Where people are suffering from the lack of food, clothing, and shelter. The need for clothing could be due to a cold climate, hostile environment, and/or cultural necessity.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_nudism

Isaiah 47:3
                              Keil and Delitzsch: Both the prosopopeia and the parallel, “thy shame shall be seen,” require that the expression “thy nakedness shall be uncovered” should not be understood literally. The shame of Babel is her shameful conduct, which is not to be exhibited in its true colours, inasmuch as a stronger one is coming upon it to rob it of its might and honour.
                              http://www.studylight.org/commentari...gi?bk=22&ch=47
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Why don't you choose just one passage in which you think is the strongest example for your position?

You can also address these:
                              1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
                              2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.
                              Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                                Foud, in my experience, if one has has to ask if soemthing is wrong, it's a sure bet it's wrong for one.
                                I have previously asked if it is wrong not to tithe but that isn't a sure bet not to tithe is wrong - the same holds true with the Old Covenant command that one must rest on the 7th day of the week.
                                Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X