Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger and thirst can be temporarily preferred states.
    People fast. Thus they choose to go hungry.
    People can exercise quite strenuously knowing and choosing that they will experience thirst.
    A person at the time of their choosing can go without clothing.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 08-05-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      Hunger and thirst can be temporarily preferred states.
      People fast. Thus they choose to go hungry.
      People can exercise quite strenuously knowing and choosing that they will experience thirst.
      A person at the time of their choosing can go without clothing.
      Now you're being silly. No one likes to be hungry or thirsty. They can choose to be so because they're willing to be uncomfortable in pursuit of some other goal, but it is not a comfortable state.

Children do not care about nudity because they're not sexually aware. Adults, on the other hand, are almost certainly going to have their thoughts wander in that direction when seeing nudity. Are you really that big an egotist to allege that your right to parade in the buff is worth leading others into temptation? Thoughts are no less sinful than actions, after all (Mat. 5:28).
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I often choose to be hungry and/or thirsty if am enjoying doing something that might cause me to be that way.

The thoughts of adults who are gluttons can wander if they see delicious food. Do we forbid delicious food?
        The thoughts of adults can wonder if they see a lot of money. Do we forbid the printing of money?
        Joseph was handsome (Genesis 39:6) but dressed and Potiphar's wife lusted after him (Genesis 39:7). Should we forbid people getting dressed?

Comment

I often choose to be hungry and/or thirsty if am enjoying doing something that might cause me to be that way.

The thoughts of adults who are gluttons can wander if they see delicious food. Do we forbid delicious food?
          The thoughts of adults can wonder if they see a lot of money. Do we forbid the printing of money?
          Joseph was handsome (Genesis 39:6) but dressed and Potiphar's wife lusted after him (Genesis 39:7). Should we forbid people getting dressed?
          Thank you for showing that you're willing to twist logic at any length in an attempt to justify yourself. I think my work here is done.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Your so-called work simply shattered under the weight of its own inconsistency.

Comment

While coming very close to being a Christian Nudist I am wondering what standards those that don't believe in it employ in determining several areas when it comes to the nudity/clothing issue:

1. Do you think it is ok for women to wear shorts and/or skirts? Is a certain length unacceptable?
              2. Is it ok for a women to go to the beach in a bikini? What about a one piece suit? Or should they not go at all? Should they swim fully clothed? Are sports bras unacceptable?
              3. Is it ok for a man to walk around shirtless? What if he is exercising?... or doing laborious outside work? What if the temperature is soaring? - Why is it often ok for a man to be shirtless in public but not ok for a woman to be shirtless in public?
              4. Do you think it is ok or wrong for a woman to breastfeed their baby in public? Should they fully cover themselves up?
              5. Is the statue of Michelangelo "David" offensive? Why/why not? - If not, then why would it be offensive if men walked around undressed like that?

I think perhaps the only thing right now that keeps me from totally embracing Christian Nudism is that I wouldn't want to sit in places where a fully nude person was previously sitting. I think that would be skeevy.
              We have a moral basis for wearing clothes [in Genesis] because of what sin has done to nakedness. It corrupted and distorted it.
              There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X