Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudism and Clothing

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by foudroyant View Post
    If a woman walked around most anywhere in public in the USA and she was topless she wouldn't be arrested for this?

What SPECIFICALLY are the "proper" times for a man to have his shirt off?
    When did I ever say it was okay for a women to be topless "anywhere"?Never did. Same goes for guys.
    Proper times for me include football practice,at home, at the pool,etc.
    You really aren't presenting a good case for nudity something the bible is clearly against.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We heard nothing about these problems before the fall. Animal skins would be thick enough to prevent a mosquito from biting through it and a good protection against the cold.

If something is a sin then it is incumbent upon those that claim so to prove their point. So where is the evidence that it is?
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We heard nothing about these problems before the fall. Animal skins would be thick enough to prevent a mosquito from biting through it and a good protection against the cold.

If something is a sin then it is incumbent upon those that claim so to prove their point. So where is the evidence that it is?
    Besides the fact you didn't use a single verse to support your OP and just assumptions you should seriously fix that.
    Nudity and shamed is tied in together:

Genesis 9:21; Exodus 20:26; 32:25; 2 Chronicles 28:19; Isaiah 47:3; Ezekiel 16:35-36; Luke 8:27; Revelation 3:17; 16:15; 17:16

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christia...#ixzz3415oSpTa

"The only passages in which nudity is free of shame are those that describe Eden’s idyllic setting or that deal with marital relations (Proverbs 5:18-19; Song of Solomon 4).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-nudist.html#ixzz3415zpft8"
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Nothing but assumptions why are thorns a problem?
    Same goes for mosquitos.
    Are you going to assume God created these things after the fall?What do you proof of to say they are bad?And don't even try the whole mosquito can spread disease so can humans.
    Thorns protect roses and mosquitos need blood to survive.
    Last edited by Cerealman; 06-08-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not to say I'd let a mosquito bite me but the facts are facts.

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    While coming very close to being a Christian Nudist...
    WHY does this not surprise me even a teeny bit?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh lawdy lawd! There's some people out there that should NEVER be introduced to Christian nudism. There's just some things that you can't purge from your memory.

40th Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Foud, in my experience, if one has has to ask if soemthing is wrong, it's a sure bet it's wrong for one.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealman View Post
    Ezekiel 16:35-36
    This has to do with idolatry.

Where nudity is forbidden

Despite the aforementioned beliefs, there are three areas in which Christian naturists may feel nudity is condemned by the Bible:[29]
    Where it is forced on a person against their will (e.g. prisoners). God did not strip Adam and Eve of their fig leaves leaving them naked, but rather made them garments from animal skin.
    When associated directly with sin (orgies, temple prostitution, etc.) or indecent exposure (in the modern sense). In particular, situations where a person has willingly undressed causing surprise and shock to those not expecting such an encounter. (Some indecent exposure laws may be considered as too stringent, however.)
    Where people are suffering from the lack of food, clothing, and shelter. The need for clothing could be due to a cold climate, hostile environment, and/or cultural necessity.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_nudism

Isaiah 47:3
    Keil and Delitzsch: Both the prosopopeia and the parallel, “thy shame shall be seen,” require that the expression “thy nakedness shall be uncovered” should not be understood literally. The shame of Babel is her shameful conduct, which is not to be exhibited in its true colours, inasmuch as a stronger one is coming upon it to rob it of its might and honour.
    http://www.studylight.org/commentari...gi?bk=22&ch=47
    ------------------------------------------
    Why don't you choose just one passage in which you think is the strongest example for your position?

You can also address these:
    1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
    2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Foud, in my experience, if one has has to ask if soemthing is wrong, it's a sure bet it's wrong for one.
    I have previously asked if it is wrong not to tithe but that isn't a sure bet not to tithe is wrong - the same holds true with the Old Covenant command that one must rest on the 7th day of the week.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 06-08-2014 at 05:08 AM.