Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    This has to do with idolatry.

Where nudity is forbidden

Despite the aforementioned beliefs, there are three areas in which Christian naturists may feel nudity is condemned by the Bible:[29]
    Where it is forced on a person against their will (e.g. prisoners). God did not strip Adam and Eve of their fig leaves leaving them naked, but rather made them garments from animal skin.
    When associated directly with sin (orgies, temple prostitution, etc.) or indecent exposure (in the modern sense). In particular, situations where a person has willingly undressed causing surprise and shock to those not expecting such an encounter. (Some indecent exposure laws may be considered as too stringent, however.)
    Where people are suffering from the lack of food, clothing, and shelter. The need for clothing could be due to a cold climate, hostile environment, and/or cultural necessity.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_nudism
    I even stated earlier the nudity had a lot to do with paganism which of course idolatry would be a part of.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

God gave them clothed because they were ashamed of what they have become and lost their innocence.
      Half of these counters in support nudity can't state a single verse and just say "this is what they actually" meant instead of what the verse makes clear.
      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Christian nudism believes sin can be avoided when were all naked, that's enough right there to not persuade me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
          I even stated earlier the nudity had a lot to do with paganism which of course idolatry would be a part of.

But not always. Thus you are making a false correlation.

Comment

Christian nudism believes sin can be avoided when were all naked, that's enough right there to not persuade me.
            I see your frustration trying to refute something that you can't.

Comment

"Adamites - A sect in North Africa in the 2nd through 4th century that believed they were "re-establishing Adam and Eve's innocence"."
              You've yet to show to me you understand that Adam and Eve's nudity at the time before the fall showed their innocence and the fact they did not know of Good and Evil.
              You've also dropped the thorn and mosquito thing.

Comment

From Post #29:

Why don't you choose just one passage in which you think is the strongest example for your position?

You can also address these:
                1. Saul was prophesying a day and a night naked with no shame (1 Samuel 19:24). The same Hebrew word occurs in Genesis 2:25 and Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15.
                2. Isaiah 20:2-3 - God does not command what He condemns.

Still waiting.....

Comment

But not always. Thus you are making a false correlation.
                  That's fine I'll correct myself nudity played a part in paganism.

Comment

That's fine I'll correct myself nudity played a part in paganism.
                    So did eating. Does that mean eating a sin?

Comment

I see your frustration trying to refute something that you can't.
                      Please state how sin can be avoided.Man is tempted everyday.

Comment

Please state how sin can be avoided.Man is tempted everyday.
                        Read the Bible. Pray.

Comment

So did eating. Does that mean eating a sin?
                          Am I saying eating is a sin?Did I say nudity is a sin?No I have not I've clearly stated I'm against nudity in a nudists would support it.

Comment

Then why are you here citing Scripture in an attempt to condemn it?

Comment

Read the Bible. Pray.
                              And once again just like every man on Earth we are tempted everyday Christian or not even Jesus' disciples were tempted and some even gave in to it.
                              Sin is not avoidable that nudist claim is false.

Comment

This is false. I never claimed sin is avoidable.
                                Some people get tempted when looking at delicious food. This could lead to gluttony - and gluttony is a sin.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X