Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

One world currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One world currency

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:16-17, KJV).

Are we technologically at this point right now?

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:16-17, KJV).

Some areas of the planet still operate on the barter system.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"One Europe" currency practically means that Germany underwrites Greek failures, so no. The Euro will either last till Germany gets tired of paying for Grecian spending, or till Germany decides that being responsible for Grecian spending means that they have total control of Greece by default. And since lots of other countries are moving away from using US dollars now, in favor of countries with more nationalistic nations, I don't see the one-world currency thing working out all that well, unless Bitcoin acquires a nuclear submarine fleet and a floating city.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post

The technology is there but it would have to be an order out of chaos scenario to be effectively implemented.

Comment

I'm curious if there are any futurists out there who take that Revelation is written from the standpoint of the mainly developed society and that it wouldn't be a problem if there happened to be some faraway undeveloped peoples in, say, Africa that might be nominally under control of a world government but practically speaking would be fairly self sufficient.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X