Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Catch of the Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    One more question for you: What hooks are you using for the catfish?

I went to the Bass Pro Shop yesterday and asked for advice for hooks and they told me to use treble hooks in a certain size. But I know those don't really work for catch and release so I assume you're not using them. I'm curious if there's something a little easier to unhook that is working for you.
    Hmm, well, we just use whatever we happen to buy. Right now we are using something like "Assorted Catfish Hooks"(my memory is fuzzy on the exact name), but some of those in the picture were caught with weedless hooks, and some with just ordinary worm hooks. If you are going only for catfish, I would suggest going big, bluegill can't bite on them. Bass can, but they don't always feed on the bottom like catfish do.

ETA: More vids and pics incoming.
    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Not the best pics, but the videos are good. Next one is still uploading.

Comment

Yeah, this is my mom's catch. I didn't know the phone was filming, so I didn't catch as much of the fight as I could have.

Comment

Last video that actually has anything.

Comment

Went fishing, will be going fishing tomorrow. I already have some pics and videos, but they are on my mom's phone. I will upload them when I get the chance.

In the meantime, let my dad's story be a warning for everybody. He left his pole unattended, and something came and took the whole thing. This fish got away, and took a trophy for himself.

Luckily we had a backup pole.

Comment

It was a last minute thing, but I got to go fishing. I'll put up the pictures when I get a chance. I caught 2 catfish, and 1 bass. My dad got a bluegill and a catfish, and my mom got 2 perch, and a bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                It was a last minute thing, but I got to go fishing. I'll put up the pictures when I get a chance. I caught 2 catfish, and 1 bass. My dad got a bluegill and a catfish, and my mom got 2 perch, and a bass.
                So, what time is the fish fry?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  So, what time is the fish fry?
                  Catch and release only for now. Especially given the recent catfish population loss. That, and one of the catfish appeared to be pregnant.

Comment

Here's the evidence of my last trip.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...43032268313131

That video was the last catch of the day, and on my last cast. I was pretty shocked that I caught anything on a cast I had declared in advance to be my last one.

ETA: Odd, the video won't embed. I've put it as a public one, so hopefully the link will work.
                    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Where is the warning!

"mossy, don't look at this new post of brum's"

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Where is the warning!

"mossy, don't look at this new post of brum's"

I already warned you not to look at this thread.

Comment

That's true.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Not kosher, man.
                            Last edited by Ana Dragule; 04-30-2015, 04:25 AM.
                            I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                              Not kosher, man.
                              Two things, I don't eat kosher, and while fishing it's catch and release.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                ... while fishing it's catch and release.
                                Yeah. Catch the fish and release it in the oven.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X