Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Left Behind's version of the Second Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes you a lucky person.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
      It makes you a lucky person.
      Are there any orthodox preteristic movies, TV shows or novels?

Comment

I'm not sure how you can represent that, unless you just film the sack of Jerusalem in 70 AD with a "To Be Continued....a very long time from now" at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
          I'm not sure how you can represent that, unless you just film the sack of Jerusalem in 70 AD with a "To Be Continued....a very long time from now" at the end
          Well, if you did a Ted Dekker style alternate universe, you could write your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

It's not as if the Bible itself is vacant of violent imagery.
            You know, violence in the Bible is a fascinating subject. I tend to think that the Bible is more graphic than a lot of people seem to think it is.

But that's for another thread.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              Well, if you did a Ted Dekker style alternate universe, you could write your own.
              Just make sure the God you represent in your version isn't a little boy in a loin cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                I haven't read the Left Behind books... does that make me a horrible person?
                Never have, never plan on it.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X