Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

And this is how you do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Read what the guy went through in the OP.
    Welcome to life. Where in any reality is it said that life is fair?

He sacrificed a lot - incredible that you would refer to him as an "idiot" and assert that he is "irresponsible".
    What did he sacrifice? He made the choice to try to "better" his family's financial situation. He must reap what he sows. He seems to be overextending himself and making excuses for failing to manage his time in a responsible manner.

Psa 127:1 A Song of Ascents, of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain.
    Psa 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

I see nothing about prayer in their lives.

She treated him like garbage and did a terrible job in her uxorial duties.
    And he ignored it, and even seemed to admit facilitating it. He busied himself so much that he had no time to be an effective Godly husband or a father.

My statement stands.
    So does mine. They both are idiots.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Who doesn't have personal issues and failings?
      But when you compare hers to his it is a vast difference - and what makes it worse is that she was the one who originally complained.
      Case closed? Yeah for those who can't see this simple truth.
      Just Some Dude said "you put the full blame on the woman no matter how many things are wrong with the guy." You put the full blame on the woman. Ergo, his point's been proven. There's nothing left to discuss in regard to this issue.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
        Just Some Dude said "you put the full blame on the woman no matter how many things are wrong with the guy." You put the full blame on the woman. Ergo, his point's been proven. There's nothing left to discuss in regard to this issue.

How pathetic. That's like saying guy #1 slept with 10 women and guy #2 never slept with any women but did commit adultery in his heart one time with a woman. Thus they are both wrong and should not be given a church job working with any woman. They are both guilty and so both are unfit and both should be condemned by you.

Idiot.
        Last edited by foudroyant; 06-30-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Welcome to life. Where in any reality is it said that life is fair?
          So let's continue to make it unfair.
          Nope. Christians are called to a higher standard.

Yes, he made the choice because he is the husband/leader. You assume she didn't originally agree to this.
          Concerning prayer it is an argument from silence so to assume something about it without evidence would be highly presumptuous.

You are an idiot for making assumptions without gathering more facts to what you spout off about.
          Last edited by foudroyant; 06-30-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

So let's continue to make it unfair.
            Nope. Christians are called to a higher standard.
            And that means life is fair for us? HA!!! What fantasy land do you live in? Narnia?

Yes, he made the choice because he is the husband/leader.
            Then he shouldn't complain about it.

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;

You assume she didn't originally agree to this.
            And you ignore his admitted laiszze-faire attitude. In fact, I've yet to see you condemn anything he is doing, including smoking and gambling.

Concerning prayer it is an argument from silence so to assume something about it without evidence would be highly presumptuous.
            As a Christian, that should be the first thing we tell other believers (as this was on a Catholic board). As it stands, neither of them mentioned it.

You are an idiot for making assumptions without gathering more facts to what you spout off about.
            Sorry, but their admissions paint a pretty clear picture of their idiocy. And being called an idiot by a chauvenist pig like you is a badge of honor to me. It's no wonder you haven't condemned the actions of another chauvenist pig.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

1. So since life isn't fair we should be unfair as well. Wake up!
              2. No, she shouldn't complain but rather she should submit to him in everything (Ephesians 5:24).
              Too bad an idiot like you still can't understand this passage.

Comment

1. So since life isn't fair we should be unfair as well. Wake up!
                Not what I said. you originally bitched about "look what HE went through..." while never validating what SHE went through was at all problematic. Have you ever lived with a heavy smoker?

2. No, she shouldn't complain but rather she should submit to him in everything (Ephesians 5:24).
                And HE should not be complaining either, yet he did exactly that... ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

Too bad an idiot like you still can't understand this passage.
                I still note you can't bring yourself to admit that he was even remotely wrong in anything. You're an insult to swine everywhere.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes, he made the choice because he is the husband/leader. You assume she didn't originally agree to this.
                  What is a good wife to do other than submit to her husband's decisions, even if she disagrees with them?

You ended last night's ravings with a post count of 666, Foudroyant. Just thought someone ought to point that out to you.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Answer: Submit with a cheerful attitude and support him.

Concerning your count it doesn't count
                    ..............because I am on the other side of the world so it is still the same day for me.

...jus thought I'd point that out to ya!

Keep up your pathetic escapades.
                    Last edited by foudroyant; 07-01-2014, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Answer: Submit with a cheerful attitude and support him.
                      That's not quite an answer, foodie. If she is only ever supposed to submit cheerfully, how is he supposed to know how deeply she disagrees with his decision to put career ahead of family?

Comment

He can ask her.
                        If not, then just go along with him.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Teaching/page3
                        Post #21

Comment

He can ask her.
                          If not, then just go along with him.
                          What reason would he have to ask? Why would he even suspect that there might be something wrong?

Comment

He sets standards to how these things should be done because they will occur.

Comment

He sets standards to how these things should be done because they will occur.
                              Then it seems as though the husband in this case did not properly set standards or provide opportunities with respect to uxorial disagreement, or none of this would have happened.

Comment

"Seems" is the key word.

You just don't know.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X