Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I See Shadow..thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm.... do what DB said, see the opthamologist, then see a neurologist. if he rules something out see a psychiatrist. Currently I see similar visual stuff, its partly related to excess fluid and pressure behind my eyes from the pregnancy. Its also somewhat complicated by two neurological meds I'm on. And yes I do suffer migraines with it. Trust me, have it evaluated so that you have some answers. This nearly always has a neurological/physiological explanation.
    Last edited by Catholicity; 06-18-2014, 09:21 AM.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Umm.... do what DB said, see the opthamologist, then see a neurologist. if he rules something out see a psychiatrist. Currently I see similar visual stuff, its partly related to excess fluid and pressure behind my eyes from the pregnancy. Its also somewhat complicated by two neurological meds I'm on. And yes I do suffer migraines with it. Trust me, have it evaluated so that you have some answers. This nearly always has a neurological/physiological explanation.
      Will do. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This concerns me a bit. I'm wondering if you really wanted this discussion to go toward the paranormal.
        Well, the fact that you felt the need to highlight that when the discussion was heading in the opposite direction makes me wonder if you wanted the discussion to go toward the paranormal.

I originally included it because I found it interesting. That is all.

Comment

Are the shadow thingys wielding a Pin™?

If not, then go to the eye doctor.

NOW!

If they are, then you should be MORE worried.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
            Well, the fact that you felt the need to highlight that when the discussion was heading in the opposite direction makes me wonder if you wanted the discussion to go toward the paranormal.
            I was skeptical, yes. And, since WHEN to Tweb threads go in the direction they were intended?

I originally included it because I found it interesting. That is all.
            Carry on!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              well one way to tell if it is floaters is when you see them and you move your eye back and forth, they move with your eye.
              Aren't those cells? I see those too sometimes when I'm staring into space and they look like the cells in your eye.

About the shapes, I sometimes see shapes only in my peripheral vision. They're usually white-type shapes that flash by me. The frequency comes and goes, and I only see them when I'm sitting in my room and have been staring at my computer for a long time. I especially see them the most when I'm fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Aren't those cells? I see those too sometimes when I'm staring into space and they look like the cells in your eye.

About the shapes, I sometimes see shapes only in my peripheral vision. They're usually white-type shapes that flash by me. The frequency comes and goes, and I only see them when I'm sitting in my room and have been staring at my computer for a long time. I especially see them the most when I'm fasting.
                I think that's an optical illusion. Like if you stare at a picture of an flag and then look at a white wall you will see different colors.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Fasting and staring at a computer for a long time? Sounds like that's your explanation right there. Low blood sugar and eye strain.

Comment

Well I got my eyes checked and it appears there is nothing significant that would cause the sort of apparitions I am seeing. I guess there is only one last thing I can do...

Comment

They didn't have any explanations?

At least it's nothing serious!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment