Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Obscure Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Dark Star (70's)
    I thought I would love this film because I'm a huge John Carpenter fan, and it was written by Dan O'Bannon of Alien fame (one of my all time favorite films). I was expecting it to be low budget, but its really like student film low budget. I mean, not suitable for even drive-in or VHS tape type low budget. So, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I need to rewatch it without all the hype in my head.

I will say though, that after watching the Star Wars VII preview trailer, I was excited about the new beachball looking droid. It totally harks to this sort of 70s sci-fi look and feel, which is awesome! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      That was one weird movie. I think whoever made it was on drugs.
      Undoubtedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Undoubtedly.
        Weren't they all back then?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Would The Last StarFighter be considered an obscure movie? It's an important file for technology and for being Robert Preston s last role...

but I don't see it aired very often.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Would The Last StarFighter be considered an obscure movie? It's an important file for technology and for being Robert Preston s last role...

but I don't see it aired very often.
            I wouldn't consider it obscure, but maybe to younger people it is. Fun film. I haven't seen it in years. Barely remember what its about.

Comment

I just found a gem: a horror-comedy (not much horror, mostly comedy) called Fido. Basically, in an alternate 1950s universe, there's a zombie outbreak but they're domesticated and turned into everyday servants. Really unusual, but strangely entertaining.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be obscure today....

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be obscure today....
                  So bad that it was sort of fun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think the actors were having fun there. But yeah it was so bad one had to laugh...guess that was the point.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X