Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

'Game of Thrones' finale breaks illegal download records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Game of Thrones' finale breaks illegal download records

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/showbiz/tv/game-of-thrones-illegal-downloads/index.html?hpt=en_c2

"Game of Thrones" has been setting ratings records for HBO this season, so it's probably no surprise that the fantasy hit is once again settings records for illegal downloading too.

According to piracy-monitoring blog TorrentFreak, the season 4 Thrones finale "The Children" had roughly 1.5 million downloads within just the first 12 hours after the finale aired on the premium cable network, with more than 250,000 users sharing the same file (a record-breaking "swarm" of users). The site estimates that total number of downloads will exceed 7.5 million in the days to come.

© Copyright Original Source

They are UNDOCUMENTED Downloads, not ILLEGAL downloads!!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Never watched the series; I heard it wasn't very good.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Mind explaining the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          From what I remember of the books, the series is very accurate. With very few exceptions, the casting of the show is phenomenal, IMO.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            From what I remember of the books, the series is very accurate. With very few exceptions, the casting of the show is phenomenal, IMO.
            If I'm thinking of the same series, I thought someone said the series has lots of gratuitous and violent sex scenes that some people would find offensive. Is that the case?

Comment

If I'm thinking of the same series, I thought someone said the series has lots of gratuitous and violent sex scenes that some people would find offensive. Is that the case?
              I wouldn't necessarily say violent (though the show is violent otherwise), but as for lots of them...yes.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Mind explaining the difference?
                It's a political joke. Think immigration.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  It's a political joke. Think immigration.
                  Someone on CNN told me that I won the internet for today because of that comment.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Someone on CNN told me that I won the internet for today because of that comment.
                    So did they drop a series of tubes off at your house?
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      So did they drop a series of tubes off at your house?
                      It's a cloud, now. Didn't you know?
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Who are you listening to? The Moronic Council of Stupid Declarations United?

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                          Who are you listening to? The Moronic Council of Stupid Declarations United?
                          Some colleagues at work were talking about various miniseries.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            It's a cloud, now. Didn't you know?
                            Exactly. And I got it too...
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Very much so. In fact, it would probably get an X rating for the sex at least. The story lines and acting are pretty excellent though if you like those types of period pieces and can stand the violence and sex.

Comment