Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer

So...beer. I like it.

Discuss.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Any one try Sam Adams Utopias? $199/bottle (and 28% abv )
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

I quit drinking beer when I was legally old enough to start.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I may have established this at the other place, but my favorite is Wheat State Golden from Free State Brewery in Kansas.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Amen CP.
            "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

As I said in the last thread, my rule of thumb is either Guinness, Alexander Keith's Red Amber, or Rickard's Red/Dark. Of course, I can't go wrong with Crabbie's Ginger Beer or a Magner's Irish Cider if I'm wanting something sweeter.

As a treat, I've been known to experiment with the odd individual beer at the Liquor Board Store. I bought a bottle of La Chouffe the other day. Quite tasty.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I understand those who don't partake, and I respect it. I've found that developing a taste for beer has simultaneously matured my taste for food in general (I'm less picky now) and cut down on my tolerance for sweet stuff--both of which are good things. I used to drink a ton of soda (which has no nutritional value whatsoever), and have since given it up almost completely in favor of beer (which I drink less of and feel much healthier for).

Since I'm careful to drink in moderation, I think I'm better off physically now than I was, say, a year ago.

As for my favorites, I don't really have anything in particular. I seem to like pretty much everything, provided it's a microbrew.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                  I can't go wrong with Crabbie's Ginger Beer
                  Try adding a shot or two of Appleton Estates or other rum.
                  As a treat, I've been known to experiment with the odd individual beer at the Liquor Board Store. I bought a bottle of La Chouffe the other day. Quite tasty.
                  There's a store relatively close that has hundreds of different beers on sale (you can even buy individual 12-oz beers).

Some recent favorites:

Avery Hog Heaven
                  Yards George Washington Porter
                  Yards Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale
                  He'brew Rejewvenator
                  Sierra Nevada's Narwhal Imperial Stout
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Same here!
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Sam Adams is the about only beer I drink. Unless if someone else is buying. Then I'm not so picky.
                      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Eh, Sam Adams is okay. If I'm going for cheap but still decent, I'll have a Yuengling. Right now, I'm having a Mission Russian Imperial Stout, which is the darkest beer I've ever seen, and pours like motor oil. Tasty though.

sigpic

Comment

More than about a buck per drink is too rich for my blood. I'm finding that less than that and it's not really worth it though. Some of the cheap white wines are good though.
                          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I have never completely quit, but I do indulge rarely. One thing - I never want to be drunk again.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              I have never completely quit, but I do indulge rarely. One thing - I never want to be drunk again.
                              Yeah, getting drunk is way over-rated.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X