Announcement

Collapse

Wicca and Neo-Pagan Religions Guidelines

Theists only.

Which witch is which?

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Wicca/Neo Paganism. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generally not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Report: Ouija board sends three to hospital in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

Any idea where you read it?
    Christianthinktank
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Thanks!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
        I prefer the scriptural "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world".

And Satan and his horde have tremendous power in this world. God allows them to run rampant until His purposes are fulfilled and the kingdom of God comes in it's completeness.

Playing with ouija boards or anything else along those lines certainly opens people up to demonic influence. And although believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit we are wise to stay away from such things.
        Last edited by mossrose; 07-21-2018, 04:57 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I prefer the scriptural "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world".

And Satan and his horde have tremendous power in this world. God allows them to run rampant until His purposes are fulfilled and the kingdom of God comes in it's completeness.

Playing with ouija boards or anything else along those lines certainly opens people up yo demonic influence. And although believers are I dwelt by the Holy Spirit we are wise to stay away from such things.
          Well, yes, I agree. Glen Miller just likes to philosophize everything.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

Any idea where you read it?
            Seems like the opposite would occur. If you knew that demons existed and could possess people, then you know that God exists and can protect people.

Comment

On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.

I've thought about it, and my tentative answer is that I think we personalize demons a bit too much. Surely, they are intelligent to a degree and can work towards goals (maybe with some backstabbing along the way), but perhaps their rebellion against God and source of anybodies only true purpose has made them more like "balls" of chaotic energy. Like the Joker, they just do things, maybe for the lulz of spreading confusion or maybe they don't even know why they do the things they do. They lept at the chance when Jesus offered them the bodies of pigs to inhabit, but a truly introspective mind would wonder what they would do with a pig afterwards....

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                I've thought about it, and my tentative answer is that I think we personalize demons a bit too much. Surely, they are intelligent to a degree and can work towards goals (maybe with some backstabbing along the way), but perhaps their rebellion against God and source of anybodies only true purpose has made them more like "balls" of chaotic energy. Like the Joker, they just do things, maybe for the lulz of spreading confusion or maybe they don't even know why they do the things they do. They lept at the chance when Jesus offered them the bodies of pigs to inhabit, but a truly introspective mind would wonder what they would do with a pig afterwards....

I dunno - the alternative was the Abyss - the pigs might actually have been the better choice.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                  Were any medical tests done to rule out things like drug use? Also, are supernatural demons usually effected by modern, earthly medications? From the article:

And rogues article:
                  We would assume that the mind is either a gateway or a hindrance against possession, otherwise we would assume demons could just reanimate dead corpses. So if the mind is constrained by medication, then the demons' ability to control the person would presumably be hindered.

Comment

I have actually had similar manifestations to that alleged possession when I came off lorazepam (anti-anxiety pill) cold turkey.

Comment

Don't DO that! It's bad for you!

It does help if your doctor mentions this before you find out the hard way - as I did with zoloft...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The only time I used an Ouija board was before I became a Christian, I was 19. I was skeptical of any supernatural element to the game, especially after nothing happened when I played it.

The next morning I walked into town and just before entering a store I suddenly got sick to my stomach and threw up everywhere, right in front of a mom and her child who just walked out of the store.

And it wasn't because I had rotten eggs for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Seems like the opposite would occur. If you knew that demons existed and could possess people, then you know that God exists and can protect people.
                          It's possible, but for others it could be that they are lured by the power of being able to predict things with the occult and their pride and belief in things takes over and leads them away from God.
                          I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                            It's possible, but for others it could be that they are lured by the power of being able to predict things with the occult and their pride and belief in things takes over and leads them away from God.
                            I know a guy who believes demons exist, but that angels and God don't.

Comment

If I have learned anything from works like The Screwtape Letters it is that demons are real and they want to drag us down with them to spite God.
                              sigpic

Comment