Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Report: Ouija board sends three to hospital in Mexico

  1. #11
    tWebber ManwŰ S˙limo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upon Mount Taniquetil
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    916
    Amen (Given)
    65
    Amen (Received)
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Were any medical tests done to rule out things like drug use? Also, are supernatural demons usually effected by modern, earthly medications? From the article:



    And rogues article:

    Yea, I'm not so sure about this case; but to have all three undergo severe psychosis all at once is a pretty heavy blow to the self-delusion theory.

    Anyway, human beings are biological creatures and medication can severely limit what a possible demon can do with it. Kind of like splashing the inside of a computer with water and expecting it to still work at full capacity.

  2. #12
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,701
    Amen (Given)
    1776
    Amen (Received)
    4698
    Quote Originally Posted by ManwŰ S˙limo View Post
    Anyway, human beings are biological creatures and medication can severely limit what a possible demon can do with it. Kind of like splashing the inside of a computer with water and expecting it to still work at full capacity.
    Yeah, what little information we have about demons suggests that their power is very limited.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  3. #13
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,556
    Amen (Given)
    10034
    Amen (Received)
    5771
    On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.


  4. #14
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,466
    Amen (Given)
    5617
    Amen (Received)
    1818
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.

    One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  5. #15
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,556
    Amen (Given)
    10034
    Amen (Received)
    5771
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
    That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

    Any idea where you read it?

  6. #16
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,466
    Amen (Given)
    5617
    Amen (Received)
    1818
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

    Any idea where you read it?
    Christianthinktank
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  7. #17
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,556
    Amen (Given)
    10034
    Amen (Received)
    5771
    Thanks!

  8. #18
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,073
    Amen (Given)
    16000
    Amen (Received)
    9756
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
    I prefer the scriptural "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world".

    And Satan and his horde have tremendous power in this world. God allows them to run rampant until His purposes are fulfilled and the kingdom of God comes in it's completeness.

    Playing with ouija boards or anything else along those lines certainly opens people up to demonic influence. And although believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit we are wise to stay away from such things.
    Last edited by mossrose; 07-21-2018 at 03:57 PM.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  9. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  10. #19
    tWebber Christianbookworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,466
    Amen (Given)
    5617
    Amen (Received)
    1818
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I prefer the scriptural "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world".

    And Satan and his horde have tremendous power in this world. God allows them to run rampant until His purposes are fulfilled and the kingdom of God comes in it's completeness.

    Playing with ouija boards or anything else along those lines certainly opens people up yo demonic influence. And although believers are I dwelt by the Holy Spirit we are wise to stay away from such things.
    Well, yes, I agree. Glen Miller just likes to philosophize everything.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

  11. #20
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    50,084
    Amen (Given)
    5021
    Amen (Received)
    22272
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

    Any idea where you read it?
    Seems like the opposite would occur. If you knew that demons existed and could possess people, then you know that God exists and can protect people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •