Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Ouija board sends three to hospital in Mexico

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.

I've thought about it, and my tentative answer is that I think we personalize demons a bit too much. Surely, they are intelligent to a degree and can work towards goals (maybe with some backstabbing along the way), but perhaps their rebellion against God and source of anybodies only true purpose has made them more like "balls" of chaotic energy. Like the Joker, they just do things, maybe for the lulz of spreading confusion or maybe they don't even know why they do the things they do. They lept at the chance when Jesus offered them the bodies of pigs to inhabit, but a truly introspective mind would wonder what they would do with a pig afterwards....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManwŰ S˙limo View Post
    I've thought about it, and my tentative answer is that I think we personalize demons a bit too much. Surely, they are intelligent to a degree and can work towards goals (maybe with some backstabbing along the way), but perhaps their rebellion against God and source of anybodies only true purpose has made them more like "balls" of chaotic energy. Like the Joker, they just do things, maybe for the lulz of spreading confusion or maybe they don't even know why they do the things they do. They lept at the chance when Jesus offered them the bodies of pigs to inhabit, but a truly introspective mind would wonder what they would do with a pig afterwards....

I dunno - the alternative was the Abyss - the pigs might actually have been the better choice.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Were any medical tests done to rule out things like drug use? Also, are supernatural demons usually effected by modern, earthly medications? From the article:

And rogues article:
    We would assume that the mind is either a gateway or a hindrance against possession, otherwise we would assume demons could just reanimate dead corpses. So if the mind is constrained by medication, then the demons' ability to control the person would presumably be hindered.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have actually had similar manifestations to that alleged possession when I came off lorazepam (anti-anxiety pill) cold turkey.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't DO that! It's bad for you!

It does help if your doctor mentions this before you find out the hard way - as I did with zoloft...