Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Bible Stories reported with 21st century Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible Stories reported with 21st century Technology

Basically write what a Bible Story would be like if written by a witness at the scene using 21st century technology. (e.g. a member of the crowd at the feeding of the 5,000 goes home and writes on his blog "Guess what guys! We were listening to this guy named Jesus. He's from Nazareth and does miracles. Well, it was getting close to dinner time and everyone was starting to get hungry, but we were a good ways from the villages, so we couldn't just get some food. Well apparently the guys that follow Jesus, 12 of them I think it was, found a bit of food, 5 loaves of bread and two fish. Some how, he fed the whole crowd with it. My belly was full! And there was even 12 baskets of leftovers! Wow! I plan on finding him tomorrow to see if I can get more free food!") I got this idea from http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...0369#post70369
    Have fun with anachronisms!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Truthseeker
    21st century morals. O Tempora, O mores! (Cicero).
    That made zero sense. Either play or leave, please.

servant from wedding at Cana: twitter,"water turned 2 rlly gr8t wine at wedding #Cana"

Comment

Well, why not just repeat what modern day people are already saying about Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
        Well, why not just repeat what modern day people are already saying about Jesus...

But like you were really there! Can't see the pic on tweb. Aliens??? Really??? I've heard of certain fictional aliens being compared to Jesus, but Jesus isn't an alien!!!

Comment

No one wanted to play...

Comment

Let's see...

Simon Peter/fisherofmen: You guys won't believe what happened! So, me and the other guys were on a boat on the Sea of Galilee when this horrible storm came up! We all thought we were gonna drown! 'Cept Jesus, he woulda slept through the whole thing if we hadn't woke him up. And he didn't seem to think the storm was a big deal at all! He just told the storm to stop, and everything went still! Like, who is this guy? He can boss around the wind and waves and they obey! And he told us we were being a bunch of scaredy cats. Okay, he actually said something about us not trusting him enough. That's a bit confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post

Let's see...

Simon Peter/fisherofmen: You guys won't believe what happened! So, me and the other guys were on a boat on the Sea of Galilee when this horrible storm came up! We all thought we were gonna drown! 'Cept Jesus, he woulda slept through the whole thing if we hadn't woke him up. And he didn't seem to think the storm was a big deal at all! He just told the storm to stop, and everything went still! Like, who is this guy? He can boss around the wind and waves and they obey! And he told us we were being a bunch of scaredy cats. Okay, he actually said something about us not trusting him enough. That's a bit confusing.
              #TrustInHim

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hmm...

Know what? I'd like to see some one else give it a try!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Hmm...

Know what? I'd like to see some one else give it a try!
                  Not sure it's what you want.....

On the way home from Church, mom asked the kids in the back seat if they learned anything in Sunday School.

Billy said...

"well, you see, there was this guy named Moses, and he was leading a bunch of people who had been kidnapped away from their jail cells, but the bad guys found out about it and chased him. Moses floored it, and raced along the desert, but came to the edge of this big lake, and couldn't pass. He got on his radio and called for his engineering battalion, and they built this big pontoon bridge over the lake, and Moses and all the people drove as fast as they could over the bridge. Then he looked in his rear view mirror, and the bad guys were hot on his trail, so he got on the radio again, and called in an air strike, and the air force came screaming in overhead and blew up the bridge with air-to-ground rockets, with all the bad guys on it, and they all drowned, but Moses and his freed captives were safe on the other side!"

Mom was dumbfounded. You learned THAT in Sunday School?!?!?!?!

Billy said, "well, not exactly like that, Mom, but if I told it like our teacher told it - you'd never believe it!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Post from Mary Magdalene
                    Guys!i I went to Jesus's tomb and it was empty! I was very upset about this and asked what I assumed was the gardener where the body was, and it turned out to be Jesus! I may have been a bit over the top.

Comment

Me.gif
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment