Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wallpapers - show off your best creations.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Not really. I just downloaded the software (see the links) and started playing with it. Then I go exploring till I find something interesting, then tweak the camera and settings to get it the way I want, then render it out. Then I put it in photoshop to make some final touches. I think of playing with fractals kind of like photography. In photography you don't create the subject, you just find the best way to make a nice composition of the subject, then photograph it, and then you can tweak it some more using filters, and such. That's why I find fractals so interesting. It's like exploring a whole world. I can spend hours just wandering around.
    Cool. Well, I decided to goof around for a half hour on Mandelbulber, and this is the result. I call it, "Spell My Name" because if you look at it the right way, you can see my name (Yes, that was a complete accident. )

Spell My Name.jpg
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is there any way I can upload that gorgeous flower into my profile? We used to be able to put backgrounds and stuff in there......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Is there any way I can upload that gorgeous flower into my profile? We used to be able to put backgrounds and stuff in there......
    Go to your profile page, then at the top there should be a customize my profile button. Click it. Then click on the color square for the "content background" and on the pop up choose image.

I don't know how well that would work for a background on your profile page, but you can give it a try.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Cool. Well, I decided to goof around for a half hour on Mandelbulber, and this is the result. I call it, "Spell My Name" because if you look at it the right way, you can see my name (Yes, that was a complete accident. )

Spell My Name.jpg

Pretty neat. It's like your hair.

PS, if you are running it on windows, run the Mandelbulber OpenCL version, and go to the OpenCL tab and enable "OpenCL enable"
    It uses your graphics GPU and renders a lot faster than using the CPU (if you have a good graphics card)

and there is a wiki manual for it: http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.p...le=User_Manual
    Last edited by Sparko; 06-26-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Go to your profile page, then at the top there should be a customize my profile button. Click it. Then click on the color square for the "content background" and on the pop up choose image.

I don't know how well that would work for a background on your profile page, but you can give it a try.
    It wants an url.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Same with signature pictures. They only have the url option, not the upload from computer.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It wants an url.

try
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/at...1&d=1403790519

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks, Sparky.

Now it wants a "publicly accessible album, blah, blah, blah......"

I'll just use it on my laptop background.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is another one I did. I took a photo I found of 3 horses running on a beach and used photoshop to modify it a little, then used a fractal filter called "Fractalius" to fractalize the photo, then tweaked some more in photoshop. This is the result.

Horses.jpg

It looks a lot better at full resolution so click on it till it enlarges fully.