Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Ethical dilemmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I would ask how many voted for Obama.

Comment

Seriously, these "situations" are silly --- if there are that many people IN the lifeboat, and it hasn't sunk yet, everybody just needs to remain calm and collectively paddle for shore, watching out for sharks.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seriously, these "situations" are silly --- if there are that many people IN the lifeboat, and it hasn't sunk yet, everybody just needs to remain calm and collectively paddle for shore, watching out for sharks.
        I know, some versions have there be a sinking ship with more people than lifeboats, but that's why your supposed to have enough lifeboats for everyone! A lot of these classic ethical dilemmas could be prevented with enough prep and a contingency plan! (maybe I've watched too many Batman cartoons)
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          I know, some versions have there be a sinking ship with more people than lifeboats, but that's why your supposed to have enough lifeboats for everyone! A lot of these classic ethical dilemmas could be prevented with enough prep and a contingency plan! (maybe I've watched too many Batman cartoons)
          I learned long ago, in Basic Police School, that you can study these situations, and try your best to predict how you'd react, but when the bullets start flying, the text book goes out the window.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I learned long ago, in Basic Police School, that you can study these situations, and try your best to predict how you'd react, but when the bullets start flying, the text book goes out the window.
            Then why worry about it? If you panic and act like an animal, don't think you'll be held accountable. In a hypothetical scenario, you could do anything to sovle it! But in real life...
            That's the thing about dilemmas, you don't know what you'll do until your in it.

Comment

And that's why training is more important than hypothesizing.

Comment

And that's why training is more important than hypothesizing.
                To the BatCave! Wait... what kind of training? Does on really need to be as prepared as Batman to prevent dilemmas?

Comment

What are you planning on doing? Don't even think about telling me. What if this was a simulation? You will be graded. Half are men, half are wome. Ages ranging from 16-60. Some are rich, others are poor. Who will you choose? What will this choice say about you?
                  Hahahahahahahah.

The fact that you mentioned "rich", you just made this dilemma a no brainer for Darth Executor.

And I am sure the rich person must have done something vile to merit it's gruesome destiny.
                  Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                  As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Unless there are tofu lovers.... then lightening up the weight makes the paddle all the more easier. And a worthy sacrifice it is. ^^

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                      Hahahahahahahah.

The fact that you mentioned "rich", you just made this dilemma a no brainer for Darth Executor.

And I am sure the rich person must have done something vile to merit it's gruesome destiny.
                      And if the rich guy is Bruce Wayne? Though if sais lifeboat dilemma is happening in a superhero comicbook universe... Dilemma what dilemma!
                      Last edited by Christianbookworm; 01-23-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

And if the rich guy is Bruce Wayne? Though if sais lifeboat dilemma is happening in a superhero comicbook universe... Dilemma what dilemma!
                        AH ah! You said no superheros that can get them out of this pickle, NO TAKE BACKSEES! >=D

Comment

I know, how about pick a good rich person? Like Abraham! That's why I realized that Bruce Wayne can't be on the boat! He's Batman!

Comment

This reminds me of the story about the airplane that developed engine trouble. As the engine sputtered and died, the pilot came back through the cabin wearing a parachute, and said, "I've got bad news - there are 4 people on this plane, but only 3 parachutes, so you guys have a decision to make". With that, the pilot opened the door and jumped.

The other three people on the plane were a priest, a boy scout and a liberal genius (if there is such a thing). The liberal genius jumped up, grabbed a parachute, and said, "YOU TWO have a decision to make - the world needs my genius to solve problems like global warming" and, with that, he jumped out the door.

The priest looked at the boy scout, and said, "son, you take the parachute, because you have your whole life ahead of you, and I have lived a long life and am prepared to meet my maker".

The boy scout said, "Aw shucks, Padre, no need for that -- there are still two parachutes left cause the genius grabbed my backpack!"

Comment

Still good, CP.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Silliest "ethical dilemma"?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X