Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden: Gay rights take precedence over national cultures, social traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    How many can articulate what the Republican "agenda" actually is?
    If only there was one. A compromise platform is not a coherent agenda.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      If only there was one. A compromise platform is not a coherent agenda.
      That's just plain hand waving Spart.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's just plain hand waving Spart.
        I'm on your side here

Comment

I'm on your side here
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

How many can articulate what the Republican "agenda" actually is?
            I'm assuming you are Republican or conservative Bill, can you tell us what it is that you are voting for when you vote for conservatives?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I'm assuming you are Republican or conservative Bill, can you tell us what it is that you are voting for when you vote for conservatives?
              Why should I articulate the position I am asking others to articulate?
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Why should I articulate the position I am asking others to articulate?
                Are you insinuating that you don't know what the conservative agenda is, what it is you are voting for, or are you just accusing other conservatives of not knowing what they are voting for?
                Last edited by JimL; 07-03-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Are you insinuating that you don't know what the conservative agenda is what it is you are voting for, or are you just accusing other conservatives of not knowing what they are voting for?
                  More likely, he's trying to draw out your deeply entrenched biases and misconceptions.

We can keep playing this game, or you can tell us what you think it means to be a Republican.
                  Last edited by Spartacus; 07-02-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

More likely, he's trying to draw out your deeply entrenched biases and misconceptions.

We can keep playing this game, or you can tell us what you think it means to be a Republican.
                    Well, from the safe distance of Australia, Republicans seem to be out ‘n out mean little people who will stop at nothing to get their way - to the extent of making Congress unworkable.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Well, from the safe distance of Australia, Republicans seem to be out ‘n out mean little people who will stop at nothing to get their way - to the extent of making Congress unworkable.
                      Congress makes Congress unworkable. Always has

Comment

The purpose of the Democratic party is to rule the country in accordance with their weird and parasitic religions and ideologies, and reward the people who keep them ruling the country.

The purpose of most elected Republican leaders and their central committees is to pick up on popular discontent with the way the country is being governed, use it to get elected, and then to do little to nothing about the weird parasitic religions and ideologies as long as they still get paid and elected, because you only talk to the voters every November or so, but the people you hang out with in Washington really understand you, and you have to be a certain level of nice to them if you want to get anything done around there.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                          The purpose of the Democratic party is to rule the country in accordance with their weird and parasitic religions and ideologies, and reward the people who keep them ruling the country.
                          Wrong, to understand the purpose of the Democratic party, look at their agenda, the policies they push for. Livable(minimum)wage, fair pay, affordable health care for all, Access to affordable education, social security, unemployment insurance, fair tax policy, regulating the banks etc etc. etc. You may call that rewarding their constituents, we call it looking out for the best interests of the country and the general population as a whole against the greed of the plutocrats who want it all regardless of the consequences.
                          The purpose of most elected Republican leaders and their central committees is to pick up on popular discontent with the way the country is being governed, use it to get elected, and then to do little to nothing about the weird parasitic religions and ideologies as long as they still get paid and elected, because you only talk to the voters every November or so, but the people you hang out with in Washington really understand you, and you have to be a certain level of nice to them if you want to get anything done around there.
                          Wrong again. The purpose of the Republican party is to protect the greedy practices of the wealthy, the corporations, the banks whom they allowed to destroy the world economy while they got richer in the process. It is true that Republicans use the popular discontent, a discontent which their policies create, and blame it on the Democrats who are always left with the unenviable task of cleaning up the Republican mess. Propaganda works well on an uniformed public! BTW, unemployment which was at 10% is down to 6.1%, the stock market is historically high, the auto industry which was just about dead is booming with 1.5 million jobs saved in its resurrection, over 30 million more people have health insurance, minimum wages are on the rise, the republican deficits are coming down, all thanks to Democratic policies under the this Democratic President.

Comment

Wrong, to understand the purpose of the Democratic party, look at their agenda, the policies they push for. Livable(minimum)wage, fair pay, affordable health care for all, Access to affordable education, social security, unemployment insurance, fair tax policy, regulating the banks etc etc. etc. You may call that rewarding their constituents, we call it looking out for the best interests of the country and the general population as a whole against the greed of the plutocrats who want it all regardless of the consequences.

Wrong again. The purpose of the Republican party is to protect the greedy practices of the wealthy, the corporations, the banks whom they allowed to destroy the world economy while they got richer in the process. It is true that Republicans use the popular discontent, a discontent which their policies create, and blame it on the Democrats who are always left with the unenviable task of cleaning up the Republican mess. Propaganda works well on an uniformed public! BTW, unemployment which was at 10% is down to 6.1%, the stock market is historically high, the auto industry which was just about dead is booming with 1.5 million jobs saved in its resurrection, over 30 million more people have health insurance, minimum wages are on the rise, the republican deficits are coming down, all thanks to Democratic policies under the this Democratic President.
                            ... just
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment