Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Cannabis? now becoming legal in a number of states. Any tokers out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never tried it. But, I don't have a problem with people that do enjoy it, so long as they do so responsibly (considering the very high THC content in marijuana these days and the prevalence of people driving while impaired using multiple substances).

As benefits from current drug laws go, the only real benefit I see here is to the drug cartels. I understand the law enforcement connection, but disagree that they're really benefiting. There's plenty of enforcement action to be taken with more dangerous drugs, and I'd like to see the revenue from marijuana shifted from cartels to the government. If we can weaken the cartels, increase tax revenue and also lower our governments' expenses...then why not?
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
      I don't smoke it and never plan to but I'm for legalization since it's not a dangerous drug.
      I would never say that it wasn't dangerous but it certainly seems far less so than the others.

The important question is does smoking marijuana* cause you to get the munchies for bacon? I never could tell considering that I ALWAYS have the munchies for bacon

* anyone else old enough to remember when the government tended to spell it as "marihuana" and the users called it "grass"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Its safer than alcohol, legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Moderation in all things boys and girls, can't go wrong. A joint can last me a month, sometimes longer, and it would be so much more convenient to be able to pick it up at the corner store than to look for a dealer with a supply on hand, or being busted simply for smoking mother nature.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X