Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 years ago today, the world changed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Germans did have some cool looking helmets though.

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Cool Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    So, if your neighbors were having a fight and one of them wanted to use your home to further their efforts if you refuse then they have every right to take it from you. Is that about it?

Both Belgium and Luxembourg were neutral and Germany thought that invading France through neutral countries would catch France off guard. In fact Germany came up with the idea roughly a decade earlier and even claimed that they were trying to help Belgium stave off an attack of that country by the French. And it was the invasion of Belgium that brought England (who had a treaty with them) into the war.
    I did not mean to get sidetracked onto Belgium but here we go.

The thing is that the USA did not enter the 1st WW because of Belgium - no, not at all. Belgium was over run at the beginning of the war in 1914 and the USA did nothing and at last the USA entered that war in 1917, and we said nothing about Belgium in our declaration of war.

At that time the American public did not want to go to war, so the USA had to start up a draft as the only way to raise an army.

The official reason for the USA to enter the 1st WW was to promote and defend democracy.

We did not enter that war to liberate Belgium, and not as right against wrong, and nothing to do with truth or justice - no, the USA fought for democracy.

Of course Russia was not a democracy, and even Belgium was and still is a Monarchy, and Britain claimed to be democratic but British rule in India was no democracy and Brits in South Africa was no democracy, and even the USA is no true democracy and in the USA at that time women could not vote and "Negros" could not vote in our USA.

So the true history of the 1st WW is highly distorted by American propaganda.

The Country of Germany was defending the weaker Austria from the war mongers Russia and France, and from Serbia who started the war with its illegal and immoral assassination of the Austrian Arch Duke.

While WWI isn't as cut and dry as WWII nevertheless you are engaging in some major historical revisionism.
    Yes = revising and revision.

Replace the false with the truth.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post

The thing is that the USA did not enter the 1st WW because of Belgium - no, not at all. Belgium was over run at the beginning of the war in 1914 and the USA did nothing and at last the USA entered that war in 1917, and we said nothing about Belgium in our declaration of war.

At that time the American public did not want to go to war, so the USA had to start up a draft as the only way to raise an army.

The official reason for the USA to enter the 1st WW was to promote and defend democracy.

We did not enter that war to liberate Belgium, and not as right against wrong, and nothing to do with truth or justice - no, the USA fought for democracy.

Of course Russia was not a democracy, and even Belgium was and still is a Monarchy, and Britain claimed to be democratic but British rule in India was no democracy and Brits in South Africa was no democracy, and even the USA is no true democracy and in the USA at that time women could not vote and "Negros" could not vote in our USA.

So the true history of the 1st WW is highly distorted by American propaganda.

The Country of Germany was defending the weaker Austria from the war mongers Russia and France, and from Serbia who started the war with its illegal and immoral assassination of the Austrian Arch Duke.

Yes = revising and revision.

Replace the false with the truth.
    Wow... just wow...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Wow... just wow...
    You even said it backwards for effect! Wow!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

5. Amen DesertBerean, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post

I never wrote that the U.S. entered the war because of Germany's invasion of Belgium. What I wrote was

And it was the invasion of Belgium that brought England (who had a treaty with them) into the war.
    Note that I clearly wrote "England" there. AFAICT England and the U.S. are not synonymous. Please pay attention in the future.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You even said it backwards for effect! Wow!
    yeah we have a new Mickiel, cow poke.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I never wrote that the U.S. entered the war because of Germany's invasion of Belgium. What I wrote was

Note that I clearly wrote "England" there. AFAICT England and the U.S. are not synonymous. Please pay attention in the future.
    but they both speak American!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah we have a new Mickiel, cow poke.
    Cool, will he soon have his own superthread, GTG?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Cool, will he soon have his own superthread, GTG?
    he walks alone.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Grow thread grow

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)