Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stuck Spiritually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God really can use you right where you are. Sometimes in ways you might not even know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home.
      That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        That has been my conclusion too, and I think we may have found one in a rather interesting way.
        Do tell.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Do tell.
          It's not a divine revelation thing, or anything spectacular like that. Just perseverence and willingness to not expect perfection. I posted in the mod area (and you'd know if you came back on staff )

Originally posted by BTC
          We attended a church yesterday that is literally a half-mile from my new place. It is really different. It's a "satellite church" of one of the megachurches here. There are about 30-40 people there, they do their own P&W, offering, and announcements, but the actual sermon is streamed from the main campus. It was actually pretty nice. Hopefully, we can finally settle into a church home. It's been years since I've had this much hope.
          Originally posted by BTC
          Week 2 was just as good. Girls got to go this weekend, since they weren't working. Both said that was the first time in a long time that a preacher held their attention for the whole sermon.
          This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            This past weekend, we had 3 of 5 of us sick, so we didn't go for fear of infecting the church.
            This is encouraging. I hope this works out for you, OR, God has something even better!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment