Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stuck Spiritually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck Spiritually

I have been stuck spiritually for about a year now. I want God's guidance on how He wants me to change my life to better serve and glorify Him. Also, wisdom on how to talk to my wife about this as His will becomes clearer.

Thanks.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

What on Earth do you mean, "Stuck Spiritually?". Admittedly I find it odd how one can be "Stuck" in Spiritual Matters, especially in light that it is an unreasonable expectation to have the Holy Spirit to guide us and compel ALL the time, especially if you have the sufficient faculties to learn about such things from Scriptures (It's not like we were created stupid or unlearned). But on the other hand, it is always good to always have an open attitude of reception for God's guidance, after all, we affirm that He continues to act in this world. On attitude, that is good, but be awares on what kind of guidance you are needing exactly. The same way a teacher will hold back in his/her aid when a student is attempting to solve a problem that is in truth evident for the student's capacity to solve it on his/her own, so to I believe God is not going to bother to "guide" a person when the directions on what to carry out are right there in front of your eyes.

On the wife deal.... I'll hold back (Enjoying my bachelorhood a little too much at the moment ) . A wedded brother may be in better capacity to advice ya in that area.
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

The first step in solving any problem is realizing there's a problem. I'll certainly be praying for you, and I want to encourage you. Are you currently involved in a Christian fellowship?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        I have been stuck spiritually for about a year now. I want God's guidance on how He wants me to change my life to better serve and glorify Him. Also, wisdom on how to talk to my wife about this as His will becomes clearer.

Thanks.
        Seek out opportunities to serve others. Charities tend to be chronically under-staffed.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Seek out opportunities to serve others. Charities tend to be chronically under-staffed.
          I agree with this 100%. Perhaps more.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Regretfully, no. Finding a church that ministers to both my wife and me is a challenge. In the last two we regularly attended, one was good for her and starved me spiritually and the other really ministered to me but did nothing for my wife.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

This area at least has some gained in clarity for me. I need to do more than what I do.

Caveat: I still am looking for a place that specifically will minister to me. I do not experience the phrase "I get more out of volunteering than I put into it." I do the volunteering and more often than not I feel drained at the end instead of uplifted.

Comment

"Spiritually Stuck" means I am not growing in the likeness and image of Christ. (2 Peter 3:18). It is said that: that which is not growing is dying so it means my soul and relationship with God is dying. Maybe put in a less extreme way, I am a seed being choked by the weeds. Right now I do not see a way out.

I do not expect the Holy Spirit to guide me every minute of the day - however at this moment the direction is not discernable before my eyes. That is why I need prayer.

Comment

This area at least has some gained in clarity for me. I need to do more than what I do.

Caveat: I still am looking for a place that specifically will minister to me. I do not experience the phrase "I get more out of volunteering than I put into it." I do the volunteering and more often than not I feel drained at the end instead of uplifted.
                  If we're volunteering for what we get out of it, we're not doing it right. Consider the drained feeling to be a sacrifice for the sake of Jesus Christ.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thanks.
                    I'm there too, bro. As I posted in one of the first threads here, this song by 10th Ave North sums up where I am right now...

That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                      What on Earth do you mean, "Stuck Spiritually?".
                      I don't think you can really understand what this means until you've been there, Andius. No offense intended. It's quite debilitating.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Due to TWeb not working like it used to, I don't always notice posts I haven't read. Sorry I didn't get this in here earlier.

Comment

Thanks.
                          This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            This has been on my mind.

Anything new here?
                            Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.

Comment

Thanks for caring.

Still stuck in the mud.

I have really come to the conclusion that I need to find a church home. I'm working up a post on that which I hope to post soon. I just wish I didn't live in a pagan h*ll. I have really come to conclusion, I don't have to go to the mission field, the mission field has come to me.
                              I believe that's exactly what you need, TM... you need fellowship and encouragement. I wish my Church were in your area, or you were in my area. I would love for you to meet my people and see how loving and encouraging they are.

Comment